Windows 10: Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?

Discus and support Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 is pre-installed in my laptop. I know the product key and product id of windows. Due to virus I want to restore factory setting. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PavlusaBanik, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?

Windows 10 is pre-installed in my laptop. I know the product key and product id of windows. Due to virus I want to restore factory setting. After restore factory setting, do I need to buy windows 10 again or do I need to create windows 10 image? After restore factory setting, will Windows 10 automatically install again in my laptop?

:)

PavlusaBanik, Nov 5, 2018
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Nov 6, 2018
  3. How to restore factory settings

Hi Brian,

I suggest you to perform Restore factory settings, it will automatically delete all the details and the setting will be restore default a new. Click on the article how to perform Restore factory settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: It is recommended to take a Backup of all your files before performing Restore factory settings, it will wipe out all the data.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?

1. Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting? - Similar Threads - need reinstall restore

2. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  3. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  4. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need to Restore to Factory Settings - How do I Reinstall Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to Restore to Factory Settings - How do I Reinstall Windows?: I posted last week regarding problems with my laptop. At the time, I could not get Windows to boot at all, it would only ever load to the recovery environment. I had tried to reinstall Windows from there by keeping all of my personal files, but this had failed. I needed a way...
  6. How do I reinstall Windows 10 after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reinstall Windows 10 after a factory reset?: I am selling my laptop and so will do a factory reset. As the machine was originally bought with Windows 8.1 when I do the factory reset I am expecting it to return to 8.1. If that happens how do I reinstall Windows 10?...
  7. Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings

Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings: <p>Hi, </p><p>My laptop Windows 10 came up with a notice out of nowhere saying that there was a boot configuration problem. I restored the laptop to factory settings as it wouldn't let me back up any of my files.</p><p>Since doing this my laptop has been having some issues...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings

Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings: I reset my PC to factory settings forgetting about Windows 10. Its completely reset to Win8 now and I don't know how to get 10 back. My online Microsoft account still shows that my home PC this one has Windows 10 but it doesn't. Tech support is not available. Does anyone...
  9. Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to reinstall windows 10 after restore factory setting?: Windows 10 is pre-installed in my laptop. I know the product key and product id of windows. Due to virus I want to restore factory setting. After restore factory setting, do I need to buy windows 10 again or do I need to create windows 10 image? After restore factory setting,...
  10. Windows 10 reinstall with factory settings

Windows 10 reinstall with factory settings: Hi Everyone, Now this is VERY upsetting and I've been struggling with it for two days now. To cut a long story: I did some mistakes (merged "documents" with a drive and while trying to solve the problem it went from bad to worse by uninstalling the drive and deleting ist...