Windows 10: Do I need to reset my PC?

Discus and support Do I need to reset my PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello dear good question forum, short and sweet: I was annoyed a few minutes ago by the fact that I constantly have to type my password into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZentoroMC, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ZentoroMC Win User

Do I need to reset my PC?

Hello dear good question forum,

short and sweet:

I was annoyed a few minutes ago by the fact that I constantly have to type my password into my lock screen. So after a short googling with "netplwiz" I unchecked the box above and so I thought I'd remove the password and lock screen. After a restart, however, my PC tells me that the password and username are wrong.

Can I get some help here?

He does not accept the old password and the security questions.

So I was locked out of my PC, so to speak.

:)

ZentoroMC, Aug 1, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 1, 2020
  3. lbeck Win User
    How do I reformat entire computer?

Thanks Rich and dalchina. I'll concentrate on that option.

Will that also convert my disk from dynamic back to basic, or do I need to do that as a separate step prior to installing Windows?

ADDED LATER:

1. Booted from USB
    2. did not get the screen shown in the tutorial
    3. Options from USB Boot = Choose an option -> troubleshoot -> reset this PC -> remove everything-> all drives-> fully clean the drive -> There was a problem resetting your PC

lbeck, Aug 1, 2020
  4. rahulyo Win User

Need Help to OC CPU ...

I know about reset Bios ...

I just need step by step instructions for OCing my CPU ...

rahulyo, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Do I need to reset my PC? - Similar Threads - need reset

2. BSOD still there and need help after resetting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD still there and need help after resetting computer: Hi,I had been experiencing several BSOD a day when playing games so I took my computer to a repair shop and they did a clean reinstall of all programs and they said it would fix corrupted drivers. For a while, the problem stopped but then it started again but less recently....
  3. BSOD still there and need help after resetting computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD still there and need help after resetting computer: Hi,I had been experiencing several BSOD a day when playing games so I took my computer to a repair shop and they did a clean reinstall of all programs and they said it would fix corrupted drivers. For a while, the problem stopped but then it started again but less recently....
  4. Need to reset Windows, not accepting password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to reset Windows, not accepting password: I have a maybe 3 year old Lenovo laptop. I don't use it often but trying to. When I turned it on, it told me it was "uninstalling changes.". Then I got a black screen, windows never booting upI don't really have anything but a Google drive link and Outlook email on the...
  5. Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black: Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I recently encountered a problem with my PC, and I'm hoping to get some assistance from this community.By mistake, I deleted a significant number of programs and files on my PC. As a result, my computer froze, and I had to force...
  6. Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black

Need Help Resetting PC using Only Keyboard While Screen is Completely Black: Hello everyone,I hope you're all doing well. I recently encountered a problem with my PC, and I'm hoping to get some assistance from this community.By mistake, I deleted a significant number of programs and files on my PC. As a result, my computer froze, and I had to force...
  7. pass word forgotten need resettings or cancelation

pass word forgotten need resettings or cancelation: forgotten the user password to open the windows. wish to resert or cancel the forgotten password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pass-word-forgotten-need-resettings-or-cancelation/eb1bd669-ff09-4f79-bf71-b0c2d90dfeb3
  8. pass word forgotten need resettings or cancelation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pass word forgotten need resettings or cancelation: forgotten the user password to open the windows. wish to resert or cancel the forgotten password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pass-word-forgotten-need-resettings-or-cancelation/eb1bd669-ff09-4f79-bf71-b0c2d90dfeb3
  9. reset my bios then need to login my user account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset my bios then need to login my user account.: hi, so my pc is running on windows 10 and now it crush, so i have to re-flash my bios to fix it. it was fixed BUT the account that login onto it was mine and unfortunately i forgot its password, then tried to enter several times all incorrect, then request a lot of reset...
  10. reset my bios then need to login my user account.

reset my bios then need to login my user account.: hi, so my pc is running on windows 10 and now it crush, so i have to re-flash my bios to fix it. it was fixed BUT the account that login onto it was mine and unfortunately i forgot its password, then tried to enter several times all incorrect, then request a lot of reset...