Windows 10: Do I need to turn on System Protection for restore point?

Discus and support Do I need to turn on System Protection for restore point? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use clone image to restore windows and would like to know on whether I need to set restore point for system protection or not. Does anyone have any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oemSoft, Jan 31, 2020.

1. oemSoft Win User

Do I need to turn on System Protection for restore point?

I use clone image to restore windows and would like to know on whether I need to set restore point for system protection or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

oemSoft, Jan 31, 2020

2. Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Jan 31, 2020
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CDo I need to turn on System Protection for restore point? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CDo I need to turn on System Protection for restore point? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Do I need to turn on System Protection for restore point?

System Restore Points: No check points created.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel
    • Search for Recovery, and then select Recovery.
    • Click on Configure System Restore.
    • Check if Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.
    To configure Restore point manually kindly refer to the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Do I need to turn on System Protection for restore point?

1. Do I need to turn on System Protection for restore point? - Similar Threads - need turn System

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. restore point not created, system protection not working

restore point not created, system protection not working: after a long refresh of windows 10 using media creation tool, WIndows version 21H1 build 19043.1052 is the result.Now creating a restore point hangs for ever, after taking for ever to find the drives and list for which drive protection is activated.Analyse wait chain shows...
  6. System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.

System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.: Hi, when I went to make a system restore point, with protection enabled, it showed a warning message exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle. The message said 'Using system protection on a drive that contains system image backups will cause other shadow copies to be deleted...
  7. I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point

I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point: Hi, I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point. I have searched around for solutions, but cannot find any newer solutions due to the fact windows has changed since these solutions were posted. so how do I fix this challenge? [ATTACH]...
  8. Need to find current system restore points

Need to find current system restore points: Hello, How do I find my current Windows 10 Home, version 1803, system restore points? When I searched with this question, and several versions of this question, the results only say how to create system restore points. I'd like to know how to FIND existing restore points....
  9. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  10. System Restore will not do a restore to previous created Point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore will not do a restore to previous created Point: I am running windows 10 PRO (64Bit) Version 1709 installed about October2017 I have a MBR Partition 1 TB HD Everytime I try to use System Restore ( For any type of reason) Most of which is just to see if it works, Does not, and it has not worked since I went from version...