Windows 10: Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update

Discus and support Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anybody needed to uninstall Norton Security Suite from Comcast before installing Windows 10 2004 update? I get an error trying to do the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fdsonn, Jul 17, 2020.

1. fdsonn Win User

Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update

Has anybody needed to uninstall Norton Security Suite from Comcast before installing Windows 10 2004 update? I get an error trying to do the update and it was suggested on this forum that I need to uninstall Nortons.

:)

fdsonn, Jul 17, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Trouble Uninstalling Norton in windows 10.

I need to Uninstall Norton and Symantic software prior to 2006 before Windows 10 Upgrade will complete. I can not find Symantic or Norton to begin with on my program list or in my computer to begin with???

WilliamEnglar, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update

Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update

1. Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update - Similar Threads - need uninstall Nortons

2. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?: I have a laptop dual booting Windows 10 and Kali Linux. I no longer need Linux and my Windows installation has some problems. I want to use the HP recovery manager to factory reset my laptop, however it says in the recovery manager that "This process will reinstall the...
  3. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?: I have a laptop dual booting Windows 10 and Kali Linux. I no longer need Linux and my Windows installation has some problems. I want to use the HP recovery manager to factory reset my laptop, however it says in the recovery manager that "This process will reinstall the...
  4. Do I need to Uninstall Linux before using HP recovery manager?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. uninstall norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstall norton: How to uninstall Norton which is shown as blocker for installation not found in programs, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-norton/9bc47ae8-ece0-48af-8970-2e4febdbb8ba
  6. uninstall norton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall norton: How to uninstall Norton which is shown as blocker for installation not found in programs, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-norton/9bc47ae8-ece0-48af-8970-2e4febdbb8ba
  7. Update to 2004 before 20H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 2004 before 20H2?: I updated from 1909 to 20H2 and had all sorts of issues, to include my system locking up after about an hour, and that happened several times. I was able to roll back, but have since read that I should have updated from 1909 to 2004 first. How can I find the update to 2004 to...
  8. Uninstall Norton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall Norton: I’m trying to unintall Norton Installer but I get this mesage. What can I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-norton/f5b2e67a-59c3-406d-948a-666dc7a755f6
  9. Uninstall Norton completely!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Norton completely!: I have uninstalled Norton Security and have installed Kaspersky instead, and there is now no evidence of Norton anywhere on my laptop, however on occasion when I try to open an attachment in an email it is blocked by 'Norton Symantec'? How is this possible when it is...
  10. Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)...: Windows Defender is on this PC and I want to remove it so I can install the free Norton Anti Virus from Comcast. Is that necessary and how do I do it ?...