Windows 10: Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to...

Discus and support Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just recently upgraded my laptop HDD to an SSD and clone the HDD contents to the new SSD. Do you think that I need to update my AHCI driver to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marr Raimund Salcedo, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to...

I've just recently upgraded my laptop HDD to an SSD and clone the HDD contents to the new SSD. Do you think that I need to update my AHCI driver to Intel's AHCI driver or use the Standard SATA AHCI Controller Driver instead?

:)

Marr Raimund Salcedo, Nov 8, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Intel AHCI drivers

IF, they are not the latest drivers, where are they coming from? Is Intel holding back? Is Microsoft holding back? Are they from the motherboard manufacturers?

Not trying to be confrontational...just want to know the source of the Driver as I believe that is what others are trying to express.

If they are indeed Intel drivers, why would they not be listed on their site?

jsfitz54, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Intel RST AHCI driver for ICH10R?

@FordGT90Concept If you're using AHCI, it may show up under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" as a "Standard SATA AHCI Controller," and not as a "Storage controller" like a RAID driver would. My machine is in RAID mode but, I still see two of them for both the Marvel controller as well as the ASMedia eSATA controller and it's telling me that my 500GB Linux drive is removable. Sound familiar? I would download the latest version of the drivers from Intel's site for use during installation and install the AHCI driver manually and see if it will take. I suspect you're using the generic Microsoft AHCI driver and is listed like it is in the screenshot I attached.

Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to... example-jpg.jpg

Aquinus, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to...

bsod with driver verifier

In the Device Manager right-click the " Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

What is listed under Model (with "Show compatible hardware" "checked") ?

Is there a "Standard SATA AHCI Controller?

auggy [Directly], Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to...

1. Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to... - Similar Threads - need update SATA

2. Windows XP sata driver for intel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP sata driver for intel: Hi I need help. I need to download the sata intel for my old dell pc. Can anyone help?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-sata-driver-for-intel/9cb7dda3-5491-48e5-83a5-ee7f325f051a
  3. Windows XP sata driver for intel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP sata driver for intel: Hi I need help. I need to download the sata intel for my old dell pc. Can anyone help?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-sata-driver-for-intel/9cb7dda3-5491-48e5-83a5-ee7f325f051a
  4. DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!: Yup, you heard me... Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI performs a lot better, and easy on the CPU fan than the Intel ACHI driver. I updated on two of my desktop pcs, one is stuck at startup diagnoses bootloop, and the other one is drying every bit of juice from the fan on...
  5. need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller

need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller: Hello, Dell XPS 13 9343 8 GB RAM 512 GB SSD I would get the Blue Screen of Death BSOD, even though Device Manager showed no issues. So I twice did a clean install of the latest Windows 10 available through the MediaCreationTool20H2, and then did all Windows Updates,...
  6. AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers

AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers: Hi, I'm running a AMD FX-6300 system, 8Gb RAM with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti GPU, running Windows 10 and Avast AV. The 'Driver Updater' in Avast keeps telling me these 2 drivers need updating. But if I try to update them in 'Device Manager' I'm told "Windows has determined you...
  7. AHCI Driver

AHCI Driver: Why does the Microsoft Standard AHCI driver out-perform Intel's RST AHCI driver? Case scenario; Fresh install of Windows 10 x64 on MSI Z370M gaming pro AC with I5 9600k and Samsung Pro 860 Evo 1TB SSD. Running Samsung Magician benchmarks give me Sequential Read/Write and...
  8. Driver Update for Standard SATA AHCI controller driver need version 1.2.1.402

Driver Update for Standard SATA AHCI controller driver need version 1.2.1.402: Have version 10.0.18362 693 need version 1.2.1.402 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-update-for-standard-sata-ahci-controller/0f5bad68-e4a5-4a6a-9af7-15da00e73040
  9. What is Intel SATA Preinstall driver ?

What is Intel SATA Preinstall driver ?: [img] Please tell me what is it for? and any benefit of using it? I've always install Windows 10 without it... Thanks in advance 141057
  10. SATA Drivers Update

SATA Drivers Update: Hi all, I noticed after a clean install of Win 10 Pro that in the Device Manager I had two "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" entries that showed the driver dated in 2006. I run 2 x SSD's a HDD and a BluRay writer. So I downloaded the latest version of SATA drivers at the...