Windows 10: Do I really have to go back to Windows 8.1 to get local family restrictions?

Discus and support Do I really have to go back to Windows 8.1 to get local family restrictions? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; First of all, I don't want my son's account to have a password. Second of all, I don't want to have issues logging in when our internet goes out -... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JesseIsARobot, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Do I really have to go back to Windows 8.1 to get local family restrictions?

First of all, I don't want my son's account to have a password.

Second of all, I don't want to have issues logging in when our internet goes out - which is often.

Third of all, the fact that blocking an application makes it so that if I go to his computer to service something and want to use said application, I have to walk over to my computer to approve its use because the only option given is an "email for permission" button? (Also see my second point)

This whole thing is convoluted and reeks of "progressive culture" within Microsoft's design ranks.

Is there ANY way in Windows 10 to have Local parental controls like in every iteration of Windows preceding, or am I really going to have to put an old OS on his brand new computer so that I can do things efficiently and in a manner that actually makes sense?

Seriously Microsoft.... What the heck?

:)

JesseIsARobot, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Sten2.0 Win User

Do I really have to go back to Windows 8.1 to get local family restrictions?

Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Do I really have to go back to Windows 8.1 to get local family restrictions?

1. Do I really have to go back to Windows 8.1 to get local family restrictions? - Similar Threads - really local family

2. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family: when trying to open chrome it tells me to ask for permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-microsoft-family-restrictions-and-im/acc6569e-cdc5-4427-8832-4e7a0b21ef4a
  3. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family: when trying to open chrome it tells me to ask for permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-microsoft-family-restrictions-and-im/acc6569e-cdc5-4427-8832-4e7a0b21ef4a
  4. Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff: Theres some website that i cant enter because of the family feature stuff, i left my family group and i tried making myself an organizer and everything and it still shows the family restricted stuff saying "You’ll need to ask to use this site" and even if i clicked the "Ask...
  5. Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff: Theres some website that i cant enter because of the family feature stuff, i left my family group and i tried making myself an organizer and everything and it still shows the family restricted stuff saying "You’ll need to ask to use this site" and even if i clicked the "Ask...
  6. Why do i keep getting the family restricted stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am getting microsoft family restrictions and im not in a family: Ive been getting pop ups asking for a family member permission to open photos and videos in my folders and to access spotify. I have changed my age on the account and have removed myself from the family but nothing is working. I have been trying to fix this problem for over a...
  8. Going back to windows 7 or 8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going back to windows 7 or 8: Hi, upgraded to windows 10, now my disc dosent work, is ok if i go back to Windows 7 or 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-back-to-windows-7-or-8/2d3dcfb7-1dce-4539-a460-e699c4f154c2
  9. 1 Button Back-up. Really?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    1 Button Back-up. Really?: I finally decided to try and back-up my desktop. Everyone here keeps talking about Macrium, so I just downloaded ver. 7 Home and a 422 PAGE manual. Really? This is easy? So I started reading the manual. It says Windows PE has to be downloaded when you start Macrium. Then...
  10. How do I get back to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get back to local account: I'm a little confused here(which in not too unusual for me). I think that I somehow got the MS account and had to change my password. How do I get back to local account. 3122