Windows 10: Do I really need 2 recovery partitions?

Discus and support Do I really need 2 recovery partitions? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kj0x6i/do_i_really_need_2_recovery_partitions/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ProGamer1151, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Do I really need 2 recovery partitions?

/u/ProGamer1151, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Dec 23, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Do I really need 2 recovery partitions? :)

RyoTakagi, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Do I really need 2 recovery partitions?

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Do I really need 2 recovery partitions?

1. Do I really need 2 recovery partitions? - Similar Threads - really need recovery

2. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  3. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  4. 2 recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 recovery partitions: Hi I was looking at my c drive ssd why are there 2 recovery partitions [ATTACH]ho can i fix tat beau? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-recovery-partitions/572b7a27-a09c-446a-a060-dafa6c9493c1
  5. Do I need 2 Recovery Drives in MBR - can't add 5 partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need 2 Recovery Drives in MBR - can't add 5 partition: [img] I have an HP computer with an MBR setup running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I want to dual boot my machine with Linux, which would usually be an easy thing to do except for 2 Recovery Drives taking up 2 of the only 4 partitions allowed in MBR. Instead of getting a menu...
  6. Do I need 2 Recovery Drives in MBR - can't add 5 partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need 2 Recovery Drives in MBR - can't add 5 partition: [img] I have an HP computer with an MBR setup running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I want to dual boot my machine with Linux, which would usually be an easy thing to do except for 2 Recovery Drives taking up 2 of the only 4 partitions allowed in MBR. Instead of getting a menu...
  7. 2 recovery partitions BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 recovery partitions BIOS: Going back to my laptop, I noticed a weird thing: 2 recovery partitions. I thought that one of them must still be around from Windows 7. Not sure. After some work I need to do some changes to the os partition. Such a procedure requires that the partitioning program restarts...
  8. Do I need three recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need three recovery partitions?: Ideally I want to consolidate space in my C: drive so I can make a small Linux installation. I'm just wondering if these three recovery partitions are necessary. Also would installing the small Linux partition on my storage drive be an feasible option? [img] 152645
  9. 2 recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2 recovery partitions: after performing an upgrade, I have 2 recovery partitions, the same size, one at the beginning of the disk and the new one at the end of the disk I only need one, right? Two ideas came to mind: 1 boot into linux, copy the contents of the second partition to the first...
  10. Do I need 3 recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need 3 recovery partitions.: Hi, I have 3 recovery partitions (see screen below). Recently, I created a recovery drive, installation media and Image Backup + rescue media using Macrium Reflect onto a external hard drive and FD's. I cannot identify the creation date of these partitions. I would...