Windows 10: Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection

Discus and support Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection? Also Do I really need to use ccleaner?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TsiniWegido, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection

Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection? Also Do I really need to use ccleaner?

:)

TsiniWegido, Jan 28, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Windows Defender or 3rd party?

@lolnothankyou
    Are you seriously suggesting the OP drop all real-time protection, and use a 3rd party tool that is only as current as the last download, if you can download it? And is "somewhat efficient"? And has to be Firewall blocked to avoid calling out with whatever? Really???

f14tomcat, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection

3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Windows Defender

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection

1. Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection - Similar Threads - really need 3rd

2. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  3. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  4. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC 3rd party virus app: UAC asks if my 3rd party virus app is okay to make changes every time I start up my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to add this app to the ignore list of UAC? My current UAC settings are: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer....
  5. UAC 3rd party virus app

UAC 3rd party virus app: UAC asks if my 3rd party virus app is okay to make changes every time I start up my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to add this app to the ignore list of UAC? My current UAC settings are: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer....
  6. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Do I really need an extra anti-virus software for protection, when I have Windows Defender...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I really need an extra anti-virus software for protection, when I have Windows Defender...: My question is simple, do we really need an extra paid anti-virus software to protect our PC while we have built-in Windows Security. I don't understand one thing, how can a third party software will able to protect windows more efficiently than their own Windows Defender?...
  8. Do you need ccleaner or 3rd party cleaner for windows 10?

Do you need ccleaner or 3rd party cleaner for windows 10?: So today i just removed some software including my anti virus to get more space on disk and memory. I am afraid there is left over data from the software that i removed. So do i need to use 3rd cleaner such as CCleaner for it? 113932
  9. Do you need ccleaner or 3rd party cleaner for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you need ccleaner or 3rd party cleaner for windows 10?: So today i just removed some software including my anti virus to get more space on disk and memory. I am afraid there is left over data from the software that i removed. So do i need to use 3rd cleaner such as CCleaner for it? 113932
  10. Do I need 3rd party virus scanner on Win 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need 3rd party virus scanner on Win 10?: OK, this is probably a highly subjective question but I've been using Norton for years but now that I'm on Win10 and my Norton subs is up, I wonder if I should just rely on Windows built in tools like Defender or if I should be using a paid or a free third party tool over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3rd party virus

2. do i need third party malware windows forum