Windows 10: Do I really need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

Discus and support Do I really need to buy a new version of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just replaced my motherboard and in order for it to "take", for lack of a better word, I had to reinstall Windows 10 onto my computer so that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ryallen, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Ryallen Win User

Do I really need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

I just replaced my motherboard and in order for it to "take", for lack of a better word, I had to reinstall Windows 10 onto my computer so that it would register. The issue now is that, for some reason, my computer is telling me that I need to buy a new version of Windows. Do I really need to do that? I already bought it, I'm still paying for it and Windows Office every month, it's still only on this computer, my account should still be registered with it. If I don't need to do that, then what do I do to remedy this issue?

:)

Ryallen, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Do I really need to buy a new version of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - really need buy

2. Do I need to buy a new product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to buy a new product key?: I recently built a new PC, and need to activate windows on this new one. A friend of mine told me I could contact support and have them give me a product key, but I couldnt find any info on it. Do I need to buy a new one or can I get a free one? -The last PC I had was...
  3. What do I need to buy to get windows 10 on my new pc

What do I need to buy to get windows 10 on my new pc: I'm building a new pc soon and searched the web to find out where to buy windows 10, and found that the prices varied drastically. I saw prices ranging from 3-100$. Why are the prices so different and what do I actually need to buy? submitted by /u/piemaster217 [link]...
  4. Do I need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to buy a new version of Windows 10?: Hi A friend built my PC in 2011 using a OEM system builder pack version of Windows 7. I then upgraded my PC hard drive and moved Windows from HDD to SSD drive. I then later upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I would now like to build a new PC and install Windows 10...
  5. do I need to download windows 10 again and buy a new license?

do I need to download windows 10 again and buy a new license?: Hello I am still working with windows 7 pro on my computer. I now need to switch to windows 10. I had installed windows 10 on my computer back in 2015 but I found it very hard to get use to, so I went back to using windows 7 pro. So now that it is no longer supported I would...
  6. Under the circumstances - do I still need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Under the circumstances - do I still need to buy a new version of Windows 10?: had a Pc with motherboard RAM max at 8 GB. Win10 cumulative updates caused the system to go from 20% usage to 70% usage just to have the system running without my getting any work done. So I was forced to get another Motherboard with higher Ram max. Now Microsoft has...
  7. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit

Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit: So I have an Alienware Alpha R2 I'm planning to buy a new computer since I'm reusing my harddrive from Alpha R2 . It has an activated Windows 10 64 bit OEM so if I put it in my new system and move windows 10 from HDD to m.2 will it still be activated? submitted by /u/KTK27...
  8. Do I need to buy another Minecraft for Xbox if I have windows 10 version?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Do I need to buy another Minecraft for Xbox if I have windows 10 version?: One of my kids has minecraft for windows 10. They are getting an x box for christmas. Will i have to buy another minecraft for the xbox for them to be able to play together?...
  9. Windows 10 (Do I really need to buy a new version)

Windows 10 (Do I really need to buy a new version): Decided to update my desktop computer with a new motherboard, chip , and memory . Went to the nearest computer store at the time , where they asked me what I was using on my present computer. I told them I had updated my previous version of windows XP with Windows 10 when it...
  10. Do I really need a homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I really need a homegroup?: In Windows 7, I had a desktop PC and a laptop on a network without a homegroup, and I shared files seamlessly between both computers over the network. Windows 10 seems to require a homegroup to share. And if it doesn't, it sure wants to promote homegroup use. Doesn't a...