Windows 10: Do I still need an antivirus program when using Windows 10?

Discus and support Do I still need an antivirus program when using Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just saw an advertisement on television for an antivirus program. And I always thought you didn't need one these days. My Windows is constantly and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mogli333, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Mogli333 Win User

Do I still need an antivirus program when using Windows 10?

I just saw an advertisement on television for an antivirus program. And I always thought you didn't need one these days. My Windows is constantly and automatically updated.

:)

Mogli333, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User

Do I need antivirus for windows 10 ?

Yes. Every Windows version needs an Anti-Virus.

Windows 10 comes with in-built AV Windows Defender.

Whether you want to use Windows Defender or want to install another AV: that depends on your own preferences and habits.

No matter which AV you want to use, there might be situations in which you want to use other Anti-Malware programs for occasional, on-demand scans.

Suggestion to read:

Smeed, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    With Windows 10, is antivirus support such as Norton still needed?

Windows 10 comes with in-built Windows Defender Antivirus.

It's up to you to decide which Antivirus program you want to use... Everything depends on your own personal wishes, needs, preferences...

Suggest reading everything here:
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

especially:

Ṣmeed, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Jaffakeik Win User

Antivirus advice needed

Do i really need antivirus program?Cant remember when I used it last time.Nothing bad happened in these years without Antivirus for me.So is there really a point of using it?

Jaffakeik, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Do I still need an antivirus program when using Windows 10? - Similar Threads - still need antivirus

2. Do we still need to install antivirus or malware in 2023 for securing Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we still need to install antivirus or malware in 2023 for securing Windows?: Over the years I have seen how Microsoft defender has evolved and I didn't feel the need to install an antivirus or malware since Windows 10. I strongly feel third-party antivirus or malware software slows down Windows PC. That's why I am hesitant to use one.In 2023, do we...
  3. Do I really need Antivirus for Windows 10 OS?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I really need Antivirus for Windows 10 OS?: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Currently using Microsoft Windows 10 OS on HP Laptop Model Number: Hp 14-am090TU. Why question is that: Do I really need Antivirus for Windows 10? Currently Microsoft Windows 10 OS comes with Pre-Installed Windows Security...
  4. With Windows 10, is antivirus support such as Norton still needed?

With Windows 10, is antivirus support such as Norton still needed?: With Windows 10, do I still need additional antivirus such as Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-windows-10-is-antivirus-support-such-as/6d5cde01-551f-4dfb-aea3-1ea59471033d"
  5. Do I Need Another Antivirus

Do I Need Another Antivirus: Please do i need to install another Antivirus or is the Window Defender good enough to scan and fix all virus in my pc [Original Title: Antivirus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-i-need-another-antivirus/ad191c03-5954-440d-875f-04fa7619a0ea
  6. Do I need antivirus for windows 10 ?

Do I need antivirus for windows 10 ?: Do I need antivirus for windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-antivirus-for-windows-10/fccb0645-fbbf-4a96-a753-f7a198971bfd"
  7. Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?

Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?: My new system is running Windows Defender. I see that a McAfee subscription is also included with my purchase. I have always preferred Norton, and I have used it for years, but a knowledgeable IT friend says Defender is enough. Is it generally enough to guard against...
  8. Do i need any antivirus for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do i need any antivirus for windows 10: Do i really need any Antivirus for windows 10. [link is deleted] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_news/do-i-need-any-antivirus-for-windows-10/88a896d5-b3f6-449a-a803-95882aeb495f
  9. Do I need both firewall AND my antivirus program?

Do I need both firewall AND my antivirus program?: My internet connection keeps dropping out and I think it may either be the firewall or the Kaspersky antivirus program. If I have a AV program do I need to also have the firewall on? Sorry if this is a dumb question. 44667
  10. Do I need antivirus?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Do I need antivirus?: From my question you will doubtless realize I'm new to virtual machines. I've just installed VMWare Player and W10 TP. On my host system I have Emsisoft Internet Security running. I have no idea whether this will also protect my VM setup or if I need separate firewall...