Windows 10: Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?

Discus and support Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Live tiles first appeared in October 2012, when Microsoft officially introduced the new Windows 8, and since then they have received several rounds of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?

More

:)

labeeman, Dec 16, 2014

2. Things i need fixed on my Lumia 920

On the subject of live tiles. Does anyone else's people hub tile just show the same 15 - 20 friend pics over and over again, despite having 100s of contact pics in the hub?

I think live tiles has real promise, and could be (probably will be) good in the future. For now they're just big icons.

kev222---01, Dec 16, 2014
  3. live tile stopped working

Hello ChandraMurali,

Not pinning it to the home screen shouldn't take up a live tile, but other apps by default use live tiles like People Hub, Email tiles, etc, so these will count towards that limit. I can't say for sure if the count will increase in the future, because I don't
    have confirmation of such, but logically I'd assume yes, thank you.

Regards,

Danny L.

Danny L. - WP7 Support, Dec 16, 2014
  4. Rickkins Win User

So long as they can be switched totally off...

Rickkins, Dec 16, 2014
  5. Tony K Win User
    Do you mean turn the live tiles off like a dead-looking icon? *Wink

Tony K, Dec 16, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Do you mean turn the live tiles off like a dead-looking icon? *Wink
    *Thumbs

BunnyJ, Dec 16, 2014
  7. Winuser Win User
    What's wrong with dead-looking icons! For me, I don't need or want live tiles.

Winuser, Dec 16, 2014
  8. Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?

I imagine some will find usefulness for live titles,
    Like all feeds there will be quirks with them eventually,
    I'm not a fan of them but the choices to have them or not needs to be there.

ThrashZone, Dec 17, 2014
  9. I use some of them, The weather network for one. I can see what its like outside with just a quick glance and no having to launch the app. The clock tile comes in handy too.

alphanumeric, Dec 17, 2014
  10. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Dec 17, 2014
  11. Limited or metered internet access might be the only people that might not use live titles
    Otherwise they are not much different than feeds or gadgets something that continually updates,
    Low powered systems might also have an issue on startup initially loading them :/
    Something easily forgotten or taken for granted not everyone is on high speed internet some people might be on dialup *Tongue

ThrashZone, Dec 17, 2014
  12. strollin Win User
    Live tiles are fine as long as I can turn them off since I find them far more annoying than useful.

strollin, Dec 17, 2014
  13. Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?

Agreed.

If I want to be constantly bombarded with "rubbish", I can just use any browser that doesn't have script blocking enabled.

If you need instant entertainment, use Sleep instead of turning your PC off.

lehnerus2000, Dec 18, 2014
  14. Winuser Win User
    For now I don't use live tiles. In fact the number of apps I use can be counted on one hand. The weather app was my most used app until I installed 8gadgetpack. The clock, calendar and weather widget in 8gadgetpack does everything I want. I may change my mind in the future.

Winuser, Dec 18, 2014
  15. Mystere Win User
    Uhh.. you realize that each of those "gadgets" is an app, right? How many fingers do you have on that hand?

Mystere, Dec 18, 2014
Thema:

1. Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Live Tiles Future

2. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles: What does the Movies and TV live tile actually do? It's just sitting there doing nothing even after I've added my videos. I even tried resizing it lmao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles/1b2082a0-7a16-47ea-9685-ff3fc6ef2506
  3. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  4. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Advice please ! It is better to have the live tiles in Windows 10 turned off for better performance ? What tiles if any should be turned on and why ? I seem to think my laptop boots up quicker with most of my live tiles turned off ! Brian...
  5. Windows 10 Live tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Live tile: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro, and i'm not getting the live tile feed. For some apps only. (Microsoft store, Photo,etc) Please help me to fix this issue. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-tile/b6167eb7-5c19-4d27-90ba-9d046c4ac1b6"
  6. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  7. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  8. live tiles do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live tiles do not work: None of the tiles (Weather,News,Money, etc,) show real data. Just thr tile icon. 44199
  9. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  10. Live tiles

Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...