Windows 10: Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?

Discus and support Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi there Some live tiles would be OK - for example Market quotes - but on a Computer I'd really like these in BORDERLESS RE-SIZEABLE versions -- a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?

Hi there

Some live tiles would be OK - for example Market quotes - but on a Computer I'd really like these in BORDERLESS RE-SIZEABLE versions -- a fixed tile size based on a small tablet or mobile phone looks a bit silly on a 60 inch monitor !!!.

The problem with designing mobile phone type stuff is that those applications don't translate very well to large or multi-monitor setups --that was the main error with Windows 8.

I still also think a decent cascading menuing system for a desktop type of workplace is infinitely superior to endless scrolling for tiles (a la Windows 8).

In fact I'd like to see some of the standard windows applications also become BORDERLESS too - but they IMO MUST BE RE-SIZEABLE.

Windows 10 is evolving decently -- in spite of the recent glitches in build 9879.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 18, 2014
  2. Winuser Win User

When I'm in 10, I occasionally use the weather app long enough to check the weather forecast. Then I turn it off. I don't have 8gadgetpack installed in 10. In 8, I use the clock, calendar and weather in 8gadgetpack. As far as I know, the programs I use don't have live tiles.

Winuser, Dec 18, 2014
  3. CountMike New Member
    Aren't those live apps some kind of substitute for Gadgets ?

CountMike, Dec 18, 2014
  4. Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?

Yes, it's the same thing but different. *Smile

alphanumeric, Dec 18, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Live Tiles are like gadgets some folks like them some just don't care one way or the other. Me never cared for gadgets (that clean desktop thing). Now since tiles are not on the desktop, but on the Start Menu they are basically out of sight, thus out of mind.

6. Winuser Win User
    Apparently I'm not getting my point through. I haven't found any MS apps or apps from the MS store that I really like. I do use the weather app occasionally to check the weather forecast. I just started using 8gadgetpack to display a clock, a calendar, and the weather. I installed 8gadgetpack to try it out. It's OK but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it installed. That's 4 apps and I have 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand.

Winuser, Dec 18, 2014
  7. Winuser Win User
    Thanks, Lee! That sums up my feelings about apps and their live tiles better than I was doing.

Winuser, Dec 18, 2014
  8. CountMike New Member

Neither did I, live or dead, except maybe I take a look at weather APP every now or then. For clock, calendar, network monitoring, temperature monitoring etc., which are standalone programs and displayed on second (soon on a third) monitor.

CountMike, Dec 18, 2014
  9. Winuser Win User
    I do like that MS is making Win 10 more user friendly for those of us that prefer the desktop and start menu. I hope the final release of 10 will please both the desktop and start screen users. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Live Tiles Future

2. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles: What does the Movies and TV live tile actually do? It's just sitting there doing nothing even after I've added my videos. I even tried resizing it lmao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles/1b2082a0-7a16-47ea-9685-ff3fc6ef2506
  3. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  4. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Advice please ! It is better to have the live tiles in Windows 10 turned off for better performance ? What tiles if any should be turned on and why ? I seem to think my laptop boots up quicker with most of my live tiles turned off ! Brian...
  5. Windows 10 Live tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Live tile: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro, and i'm not getting the live tile feed. For some apps only. (Microsoft store, Photo,etc) Please help me to fix this issue. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-tile/b6167eb7-5c19-4d27-90ba-9d046c4ac1b6"
  6. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  7. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  8. live tiles do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live tiles do not work: None of the tiles (Weather,News,Money, etc,) show real data. Just thr tile icon. 44199
  9. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  10. Live tiles

Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...