Windows 10: do not autodetect monitors even if they are turned off

Discus and support do not autodetect monitors even if they are turned off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got 3 hooked up and sometimes it detects monitors in different orders and it messes up my wallpapers, also i want to be able to just flip a switch on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HereIsACasualAsker, Oct 29, 2019.

1. do not autodetect monitors even if they are turned off

Got 3 hooked up and sometimes it detects monitors in different orders and it messes up my wallpapers, also i want to be able to just flip a switch on a multicontact bar and switch em all off, is there a way to make windows just stop reconfiguring everything based on the monitors available?

just.... carry on as usual windows.

thanks!.

submitted by /u/HereIsACasualAsker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HereIsACasualAsker, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 29, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

do not autodetect monitors even if they are turned off

Monitor turns on by itself

Thanks. Suggest you do a clean boot and see what happens, then if the monitor still turns on, you have potentially far less logged by Proc Mon.

dalchina, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

do not autodetect monitors even if they are turned off

1. do not autodetect monitors even if they are turned off - Similar Threads - autodetect monitors are

2. Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot I did nothing unusual, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see...
  3. Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot I did nothing unusual, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see...
  4. Monitor functionning in HDR even if turned off in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot did nothing, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see image If i...
  6. Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.

Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot did nothing, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see image If i...
  7. Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.

Monitor detecting HDR even if turned off in windows.: Hi, Monitor: AW2721dGPU: TUF 3080Cable: Display port.Everything was fine last week. And on a boot did nothing, got that oversatured colors like the white hurts my eyes..After hours of searching and trying:My monitor is in HDR mode even if windows HDR is off. see image It only...
  8. How to Turn Off Display Autodetect in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Turn Off Display Autodetect in Windows 11: Hi, I have a windows 11 machine with 3 KVMs hooked up to it. I like to switch some of my monitors away to work on other machines during the day while keeping some monitors displaying the content they were displaying before I switched away. This allows me to watch news /...
  9. How to Turn Off Display Autodetect in Windows 11

How to Turn Off Display Autodetect in Windows 11: Hi, I have a windows 11 machine with 3 KVMs hooked up to it. I like to switch some of my monitors away to work on other machines during the day while keeping some monitors displaying the content they were displaying before I switched away. This allows me to watch news /...
  10. Monitor detected even if turned off

Monitor detected even if turned off: Hi, I have external monitor connected to my laptop via HDMI-HDMI cable. I extend Windows 10 desktop to external monitor (making external monitor primary). Now if I turn off external monitor Windows 10 _used_ to detect this, after which it stopped display extension, and made...