Windows 10: Do not have a Challenge phrase for Windows 10

Discus and support Do not have a Challenge phrase for Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This came from being asked for the Challenge Phrase to unlock the computer when I had entered the wrong Pin to log into Windows. I couldn't find any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Who cares what a display, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Do not have a Challenge phrase for Windows 10

This came from being asked for the Challenge Phrase to unlock the computer when I had entered the wrong Pin to log into Windows.

I couldn't find any useful answers on the many posts about this issue so here is my solution.

Log in using your Windows password. Go to Settings and Sign In Options and change your pin. I entered the same pin as I had before. It doesn't ask for a new Challenge Phrase so Microsoft are hiding this really well!

Sign out and go back in, asking to use the Pin to log in. It doesn't ask for the Challenge phrase anymore.

Why there is no simple answer from Microsoft to where this is set seems ridiculous and other extraordinary answers from Volunteer Moderators about returning computer to factory settings and reinstalling windows should be deleted from the forum as they are asking users to go to extremes for what should be an easy fix.

:)

Who cares what a display, Nov 26, 2020

2. challenge phrase

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Anthony.

I'm Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you.

I came across to your post and wanted to assist.I hope we can work together to find a solution for you.

First, "Challenge Phrase" is a new approach taken by Microsoft to thwarting brute force attacks or cyber trespassers. This attack involves a simple process of trying all common or likely PIN codes over and over until the correct code is finally discovered.
    When a PIN gets entered incorrectly four times in a row, users are sent to a different screen where they are requires to enter a specific phrase.

May I know what are you trying to do before the challenge phrase prompted?

And what do you mean by nothing happens? Did this mean you where directed to another windows?

Kindly give further details so I can suggest or give you a step by step procedure to fix this.

Thank you and Keep Safe.

AnthonyLabramonte, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Challenge Phrase

I keep getting the request for a challenge phrase and do not know it. How do I change the challenge phrase?

IamMultipurpose, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Do not have a Challenge phrase for Windows 10

Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Do not have a Challenge phrase for Windows 10

1. Do not have a Challenge phrase for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Challenge phrase

2. Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3: At morning I'll try to open my laptop after entering the correct pin it shows wrong pin and I tried several times but it shows sign in option disabled and shows wait for 2 hours and try again and it doesn't shows even forget password option also to reset the password how can...
  3. Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3: At morning I'll try to open my laptop after entering the correct pin it shows wrong pin and I tried several times but it shows sign in option disabled and shows wait for 2 hours and try again and it doesn't shows even forget password option also to reset the password how can...
  4. How do I get around the challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get around the challenge phrase: How do I get around the challenge phrase issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-around-the-challenge-phrase/efa67ac2-453e-4516-ac58-757e88eb77c0
  5. How do I get around the challenge phrase

How do I get around the challenge phrase: How do I get around the challenge phrase issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-around-the-challenge-phrase/efa67ac2-453e-4516-ac58-757e88eb77c0
  6. HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?: HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-challenge-phrase-on-windows-11/f0e3db44-b61d-4d18-9d7b-2ee7cd4b423a
  7. HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?

HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11?: HOW DO I CHANGE MY CHALLENGE PHRASE ON WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-challenge-phrase-on-windows-11/f0e3db44-b61d-4d18-9d7b-2ee7cd4b423a
  8. Windows 11, I am the only user of this laptop, I want to disable the challenge phrase for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, I am the only user of this laptop, I want to disable the challenge phrase for...: I want the challenge phrase gone for good. I am the admin, I use the admin account, I know my pin, I am the only user on this laptop, it is windows 11. Every time I turn this laptop on, the stupid challenge phrase comes on without even entering my pin. This is outrageous and...
  9. Windows 11, I am the only user of this laptop, I want to disable the challenge phrase for...

Windows 11, I am the only user of this laptop, I want to disable the challenge phrase for...: I want the challenge phrase gone for good. I am the admin, I use the admin account, I know my pin, I am the only user on this laptop, it is windows 11. Every time I turn this laptop on, the stupid challenge phrase comes on without even entering my pin. This is outrageous and...
  10. How I can get my challenge phrase

How I can get my challenge phrase: How I can get my challenge phrase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-get-my-challenge-phrase/9d6ca0a4-488c-482c-8bf2-4ee9f74c7587