Windows 10: Do not have permission to access a set of files

Discus and support Do not have permission to access a set of files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is a set of Jpeg files that I can't get access to. When I attempt to open one the photos app gives me a message saying "It looks like you don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HorridStrife, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Do not have permission to access a set of files

There is a set of Jpeg files that I can't get access to. When I attempt to open one the photos app gives me a message saying "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again"

I have changed the permissions by going to properties>security>advanced and changing the owners, changing file permissions etc. I have also used icacls in powershell to change permissions. Nothing has worked. I still can not access the files, nor can I copy them. I am able to move them from one folder to another. The windows account that I'm using has admin rights.

Thanks for looking.

:)

HorridStrife, Apr 26, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Apr 26, 2020
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Do not have permission to access a set of files

cannot access file/or permissions

Thanks..

I tried the guide and other tips and nothing worked.. In the end it was Comodo Internet Suite that was causing the problem. I uninstalled this crappy software and Poof I had access to all permissions again.

John Phoenix, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Do not have permission to access a set of files

1. Do not have permission to access a set of files - Similar Threads - permission access set

2. Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc: After upgrading to Win 10 version 20H2 and then going back to version 2004 because 20H2 caused the PC to run to slow and some programs would not open. I now can no longer access the PC that went through the upgrade and then roll back by the other 2 PC's that did not go...
  3. You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings

You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings: I am trying to access a file in order to change its name. Unfortunately, I apparently "don't have permission" to. Here is what I have tried so far: Using CMD prompt and icacls, granting me full control and setting me as owner access denied. Using CMD prompt and icacls, do...
  4. Photos you do not have permission to access.

Photos you do not have permission to access.: How do I unlock photos Windows 10 to many photos to unlock one at time Pennyc1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-you-do-not-have-permission-to-access/eba93b17-3e6f-4415-9f2d-d6e0d52a60b3"
  5. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  6. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Support
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  7. You do not have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You do not have permission to access this folder: I have recently installed Ubandu 18.10 on a rack server, and have a 400Gb+ntfs partion which I have files on, and shared that folder using samba. (I have even included a guest share in the samba setting). On both of my windows 10 machines (desktop and laptop), I can see...
  8. You do not have permission to access \\PC123

You do not have permission to access \\PC123: Hi, I have 4 PCs on my home network of which 2 are running under Win7 and are part of a Home group and 2 running under Win10 that cannot join my Home group. In File Explorer on PCs running under Win7, I can see an icon named Home group. I can access each other PCs running...
  9. You do not have permission to access \\johndoe.

You do not have permission to access \\johndoe.: I have three computers that share files on one of the three. We have had no problems doing this until recently. Now I can find files on that computer by clicking on a Quick Access folder, which is on that computer, but I cannot save files there. In order to do so, I have...
  10. do not have permission to access this file (pictures)

in Windows 10 Support
    do not have permission to access this file (pictures): Hi all, I've seen old threads similar here but can't seem to find a solution: Windows button> life at a glance> photos.... there are some photos that are blank and the error "It looks you do not have permission to access this file. Check permissions and try again."...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont have permission windows 10