Windows 10: Do not have permission to view files from old pc on new pc

Discus and support Do not have permission to view files from old pc on new pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I built a new pc and just finished transferring all the files from my old pc. Now I find I don't have permission to access them. I did find a way to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Richard318, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Do not have permission to view files from old pc on new pc

I built a new pc and just finished transferring all the files from my old pc. Now I find I don't have permission to access them. I did find a way to go in and grant permission one by one, but we're talking 1tb worth of files. Is there a way to do all the files in one go?

:)

Richard318, Oct 5, 2019

2. old PC files xfr to new PC

I have a new Dell PC. My old HP crashed. I'm trying to recover the data on the old PC. Any suggestions

GordonMontney, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Unable to view transferred files on the computer due to file permission issue on Windows 10.

Hi Andrea,

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Which photo viewing application are you using on the computer?
    • Did you check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing application?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing applications on the computer. If you are facing similar issue and able to access the old computer, check if you are able to view the picture files on connecting
    the external device.

If you are able to access pictures in the old computer, give Full Control permissions to the folder by following the steps suggested in the above post, copy the same to an external drive and transfer onto the new computer and check
    if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to view photo files on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Do not have permission to view files from old pc on new pc

Can't access files restored from wd passport

I have looked at the numerous inquiries on this subject. Most are old and the suggestions do not coincide with the menu selections. So, I will try this.

• New computer HP pavillion
    • Windows 10
    • Backup files stored on wd passport
    • restored the files to the new pc
    • can't view, access,
    • message that I don't have permission
    • tried to change permission
    • did not work

problemnewpc, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Do not have permission to view files from old pc on new pc

1. Do not have permission to view files from old pc on new pc - Similar Threads - permission view files

2. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  3. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  4. Setup new PC and had Windows transfer files from OneDrive to new PC. Now have permission...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup new PC and had Windows transfer files from OneDrive to new PC. Now have permission...: I just setup a new W11 PC and transferred files from OneDrive. When I go back to access my files, they are giving me a permission error. Why?...
  5. Setup new PC and had Windows transfer files from OneDrive to new PC. Now have permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup new PC and had Windows transfer files from OneDrive to new PC. Now have permission...: I just setup a new W11 PC and transferred files from OneDrive. When I go back to access my files, they are giving me a permission error. Why?...
  6. file transfer from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file transfer from old pc to new pc: how do I transfer files and photos from old computer to new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-pc-to-new-pc/f7bda902-fac7-458f-a55d-ad9f464f3c80
  7. Edge Collections have not synced from old PC to new PC

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Collections have not synced from old PC to new PC: Edge Collections and (less important) SetAside Tabs have not been transferred / synced from my Cube Tablet PC, to other devices including my new Tablet PC (Chewi Hi10X) which I have just started to set up. A lot of work went into Collections and I do not want to have to do it...
  8. How to transfer files from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer files from old PC to new PC: Okay, so I am stuck with this laptop for 7 years and my parents doesn't get me a new one. I'm planning to get the Acer Aspire 3 (AMD) but I am stuck with a question: "How Do I migrate my files/My entire installation?" Answers? Windows 10 1903 (Home single language 64,...
  9. Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC: I have an older PC in which the motherboard is dying. I bought a newer PC and since the HDD is still good on old PC I wanted to install the HDD to the new PC as a 2nd drive. That way i can keep the files and have more room. My question is to make room on old HDD can I delete...
  10. View files on broke PC with new built PC

in Windows 10 Support
    View files on broke PC with new built PC: Hello, my mom had a Dell that was from 07 and it died a week ago so i took the chore of building one (PARTS) so she can try and recover her files. On the old pc I think i narrowed it down to the motherboard so im hopeing the HD still works. I need the information off the HD...