Windows 10: DO NOT REPLY - THREAD TO BE DELETED

Discus and support DO NOT REPLY - THREAD TO BE DELETED in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'd been working on my laptop since 11pm last night (UK - it's 1:07am now). When shutting it down I saw that there had been a WU - Cumulative Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, May 21, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

DO NOT REPLY - THREAD TO BE DELETED

I'd been working on my laptop since 11pm last night (UK - it's 1:07am now). When shutting it down I saw that there had been a WU - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based Systems. I powered it up again and found the following had happened:

(1) 40 or so icons had appeared on my desktop

(2) four Word documents, included my template Word (I'd changed the font & font size four days ago) had been auto-recovered and I had to decide which ones to keep.

Has this happened to anyone else?

:)

Taffy087, May 21, 2019

2. Mail replies truncates the thread.

I use nokia 800 and extensively use emails. I have a particular issue here whenever i reply to an email, the email threads are deleted and only my reply are sent. Is there an option to retain the mail thread whenever we reply?

bbhavish---01, May 21, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 21, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. DO NOT REPLY - THREAD TO BE DELETED - Similar Threads - REPLY THREAD DELETED

2. Thread Deletion ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thread Deletion ??: What caused this to happen with my post???A moderator has deleted a thread you were following, Safe Search.Please let me know so I can correct the issue and get an absolute answer from someone in the know.....This has been very, very frustrating Bob...
  3. Thread Deletion ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thread Deletion ??: What caused this to happen with my post???A moderator has deleted a thread you were following, Safe Search.Please let me know so I can correct the issue and get an absolute answer from someone in the know.....This has been very, very frustrating Bob...
  4. Thread Deletion ??

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD Please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD Please?: HEY, why did you delete my thread? What, is it because I believe that magic is real and possible??? I'm researching magic and I need help. I just want to know how to bring good luck and/or fortune... My family is poor, my dad doesn't have a good enough job, food prices are...
  6. DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD Please?

DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD Please?: HEY, why did you delete my thread? What, is it because I believe that magic is real and possible??? I'm researching magic and I need help. I just want to know how to bring good luck and/or fortune... My family is poor, my dad doesn't have a good enough job, food prices are...
  7. This is a reply to a thread which was locked:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a reply to a thread which was locked:...: Actually there IS a way to exclude another system drive from the system image. Simply go into Disk Management and remove the drive letter from the ancillary system drive and you'll be able to exclude it from the system image backup. You can then add the drive letter back in...
  8. This is a reply to a thread which was locked:...

This is a reply to a thread which was locked:...: Actually there IS a way to exclude another system drive from the system image. Simply go into Disk Management and remove the drive letter from the ancillary system drive and you'll be able to exclude it from the system image backup. You can then add the drive letter back in...
  9. This is a reply to a thread which was locked:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't reply to thread.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't reply to thread.: Posted a question and can't reply anymore on the thread. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reply-to-thread/203598d7-a175-4342-ad5e-2f5762198fb7