Windows 10: Do not update to K3156421 if you are using laptop

Discus and support Do not update to K3156421 if you are using laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, After updated to the latest KB3156421 it breaks a lot of stuff for my Dell XPS 15 (9550, FHD, 84W, i7) problems are: 1) Noticeable slow down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by solo16, May 13, 2016.

1. solo16 Win User

Do not update to K3156421 if you are using laptop

Hi,

After updated to the latest KB3156421 it breaks a lot of stuff for my Dell XPS 15 (9550, FHD, 84W, i7) problems are:

1) Noticeable slow down / lag in using Chrome
    2) Poor Battery - it uses more battery and running a few degree C hotter
    3) Wake up from sleep issue- it only affect when you are using battery, it will not wake up from sleep, it shows black screen and after 10 or less seconds it reboots

After many install / reinstall drivers I decided to try uninstall the update as I remember those problem wasn't there before the update so I gave it a try and voila all the problem mentioned are solved.

p.s. apparently it only affect laptop using battery, DOES NOT affect the A/C power.

Cheers!

:)

solo16, May 13, 2016

2. How do you tell if you are talking to Microsoft or a scammer?

Take a look at
    this
    .. It tells you all that you need to know..

Mike Hall... always, May 13, 2016
  3. JinRyuu Win User
    How do you tell if you are talking to Microsoft or a scammer?

Hi,

I think there's a difference between walking you through the steps to fix the problem and for the Microsoft to fix the problem for you through a remote session. This is the Assure Software Support Plan from the Microsoft website:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Assure-Software-Support-Plan/productID.287685500

It says "... Receive one year of unlimited personal one-on-one in-store training sessions and software support from Microsoft experts via online chat, phone or in-store."

To know that your sister has the right subscription from Microsoft, ask her to log in to https://account.microsoft.com/en-us using the email she used to subscribe in the Assure
    Software Support Plan. They called in Microsoft account.

To make sure you are on the right Microsoft Answer Desk, visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us and choose Contact Answer Desk

or visit their Global Customer Service Phone Numbers website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en?wa=wsignin1.0

To avoid tech support scam, visit Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

I hope you find this helpful.

Cheers!

JinRyuu, May 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Don't sink the whole ship when there is one misbehaved sailor on board.

I have a 2 years old Acer Aspire running Windows 10 rtm, just recently updated to 10586.318 via KB3156421

Everything is running properly as before. No issues.

There is another thread on this cumulative update.
    KB3156421 - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511

davidhk, May 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Do not update to K3156421 if you are using laptop - Similar Threads - update K3156421 are

2. Do you use "Last Pass"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you use "Last Pass"?: This is a way of storing IDs/passwords. Does anyone here use it? Is it safe/effective and does it work with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-use-last-pass/7953d3c2-b725-4940-a601-3df2d3769743"
  3. GAMERS, which OS do you use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMERS, which OS do you use?: GAMERS, I'm going to build an inexpensive gaming machine and I started to wonder about the OS. I'm interested in knowing if I gamers run Linux (Ubuntu) or does it have to be windows? I have to pay for Window and I can get Linux for free...and since I don't do any gaming, I...
  4. What "Gamer" Gear Do You Use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What "Gamer" Gear Do You Use?: Curious to know what all of you are running as far as "gamer gear" (keyboard, mouse, headset, ect.). I'm using a Logitech K380 wireless keyboard, Logitech MX wireless mouse, and a pair of Apple ear buds (which are surprisingly really good). I also have a Logitech G230...
  5. Do you use Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you use Cortana?: Does anyone use Cortana on their computer or tablet? Useful productivity tool, cute novelty, or marketing gimmick? 11163
  6. What audio player do you use?

What audio player do you use?: What audio player do you use to play music on Win 10? The default one works pretty fine(not great), but sometimes it freezes for a few seconds. Any suggestion? 46945
  7. do you use this program ExperienceIndexOK ? is it safe?

do you use this program ExperienceIndexOK ? is it safe?: Hi i found this program ExperienceIndexOK it's portable , it has not an installation A small program and an effective solution to read and show your Windows Experience Index or to start a new calculation of the performance index. The program is primarily written for...
  8. What do you use for a Media Player?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do you use for a Media Player?: Hi. Wondering what folks here use for a Digital Media Player in your entertainment systems. Standalone player? Which one? Wired or wireless? HTPC or NUC? TV or Bluray player using Windows DLNA? I've got a WD TV Live, very long in the tooth, and getting ready to...
  9. Do any of you use SYSTEM MECHANICS?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do any of you use SYSTEM MECHANICS?: I've read from several different sources that DISK DEFRAGS are no longer necessary for computers, what about System Mechanics or Disk Cleanups? 47261
  10. Do you use a Windows Phone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you use a Windows Phone?: I've been looking for a Windows Phone to run Windows 10 on. I'm hoping there will be new devices coming out when Windows 10 is released, but I haven't really heard about any. Do you know of any new devices announced? Do you use a Windows Phone? What's the best Windows...