Windows 10: Do not update to K3156421 if you are using laptop

Discus and support Do not update to K3156421 if you are using laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, After updated to the latest KB3156421 it breaks a lot of stuff for my Dell XPS 15 (9550, FHD, 84W, i7) problems are: 1) Noticeable slow down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by solo16, May 13, 2016.

1. solo16 Win User

Do not update to K3156421 if you are using laptop

Hi,

After updated to the latest KB3156421 it breaks a lot of stuff for my Dell XPS 15 (9550, FHD, 84W, i7) problems are:

1) Noticeable slow down / lag in using Chrome
    2) Poor Battery - it uses more battery and running a few degree C hotter
    3) Wake up from sleep issue- it only affect when you are using battery, it will not wake up from sleep, it shows black screen and after 10 or less seconds it reboots

After many install / reinstall drivers I decided to try uninstall the update as I remember those problem wasn't there before the update so I gave it a try and voila all the problem mentioned are solved.

p.s. apparently it only affect laptop using battery, DOES NOT affect the A/C power.

Cheers!

:)

solo16, May 13, 2016

2. How do you tell if you are talking to Microsoft or a scammer?

Take a look at
    this
    .. It tells you all that you need to know..

Mike Hall... always, May 13, 2016
  3. JinRyuu Win User
    How do you tell if you are talking to Microsoft or a scammer?

Hi,

I think there's a difference between walking you through the steps to fix the problem and for the Microsoft to fix the problem for you through a remote session. This is the Assure Software Support Plan from the Microsoft website:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Assure-Software-Support-Plan/productID.287685500

It says "... Receive one year of unlimited personal one-on-one in-store training sessions and software support from Microsoft experts via online chat, phone or in-store."

To know that your sister has the right subscription from Microsoft, ask her to log in to https://account.microsoft.com/en-us using the email she used to subscribe in the Assure
    Software Support Plan. They called in Microsoft account.

To make sure you are on the right Microsoft Answer Desk, visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us and choose Contact Answer Desk

or visit their Global Customer Service Phone Numbers website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en?wa=wsignin1.0

To avoid tech support scam, visit Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

I hope you find this helpful.

Cheers!

JinRyuu, May 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Don't sink the whole ship when there is one misbehaved sailor on board.

I have a 2 years old Acer Aspire running Windows 10 rtm, just recently updated to 10586.318 via KB3156421

Everything is running properly as before. No issues.

There is another thread on this cumulative update.
    KB3156421 - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511

davidhk, May 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Do not update to K3156421 if you are using laptop - Similar Threads - update K3156421 are

2. Do you use one drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do you use one drive?: Hi, under windows defender it says that i should add one drive for protect my pc against ramsomware, but i dont want to update every new file i have to the cloud and slower down my internet. So what do you guys recommend? Do you have one drive in use? submitted by...
  3. Do you also know this (laptop, update)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you also know this (laptop, update)?: Do you know that even if you run a long update and then fold the laptop and you have to do the whole update again? Kennt ihr das auch (Laptop, Update)?
  4. What do you use as antivirus?

What do you use as antivirus?: Im using Windows Defender as full antivirus and Malwarebytes (Free version) So far. I've never had viruses malware on my computers. I started doing this 2016-2017. Are paid antivirus products not worth it now? Back then i used to use Bitdefender and it was pretty good. It...
  5. Do you use the Brave browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you use the Brave browser?: I've been trying it out for several days now, I like it, and it looks to be much more private than Googles government surveillance browser is. It runs like and looks like Chrome, works good with Lastpass, and my VPN. I wanted to get away from Google chrome, Brave my just be...
  6. Do you use "Last Pass"?

Do you use "Last Pass"?: This is a way of storing IDs/passwords. Does anyone here use it? Is it safe/effective and does it work with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-use-last-pass/7953d3c2-b725-4940-a601-3df2d3769743"
  7. Why do you guys send so many updates? You have used up all the space on my little laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do you guys send so many updates? You have used up all the space on my little laptop: I am not downloading or storing anything on my laptop. Your constant barrage of updates has used u all the space on my computer. I constantly get messages to free up space. But that means I must uninstall the updates you sent two days before. This is very sad. I have had this...
  8. update for windows 10 ver 1511 for x64 based systems (K3156421)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    update for windows 10 ver 1511 for x64 based systems (K3156421): downloading this but seams stuck at 50% [img] 49831
  9. Do you use Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you use Cortana?: Does anyone use Cortana on their computer or tablet? Useful productivity tool, cute novelty, or marketing gimmick? 11163
  10. Do you use a Windows Phone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you use a Windows Phone?: I've been looking for a Windows Phone to run Windows 10 on. I'm hoping there will be new devices coming out when Windows 10 is released, but I haven't really heard about any. Do you know of any new devices announced? Do you use a Windows Phone? What's the best Windows...