Windows 10: Do not use storage spaces -- mega problems !!!

Discus and support Do not use storage spaces -- mega problems !!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks sometimes when restoring different or earlier images of windows 10 after you've defined a storage space / storage pool on a later version you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Sep 26, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Do not use storage spaces -- mega problems !!!

Hi folks

sometimes when restoring different or earlier images of windows 10 after you've defined a storage space / storage pool on a later version you can't even see the HDD's in the storage pool even with DISKPART in admin mode.

Strangely enough though AOMEI partition manager can see them so you can reformat / delete and then get access to the HDD's as normal disks again.

Minitool partition wizard failed totally to see the HDD's at all.

I'd suggest unless you are really brave leave Windows storage spaces well alone !!!!

Bad one Microsoft !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 26, 2018

2. Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 26, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Sep 26, 2018
  4. jl2509 Win User

How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane

If you are referring to MEGA as the Sync client for storage, easiest way is to uninstall MEGA.
    If you want to remove the MEGA entry from the navigation pane, but continue to use MEGA, then post a screen shot to show where it is listed.

There may then be a chance of finding a solution

Hope this helps

jl2509, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Do not use storage spaces -- mega problems !!! - Similar Threads - storage spaces mega

2. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  3. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  4. Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces: Thanks in advance.I recently upgraded my storage spaces and increased my storage size. I added an 18tb drive to an existing storage space. During this process I increased my storage space size logical to 80TB. I have 5X 18tb hard drives. The drives are set to parity, since...
  5. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  6. Storage space problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space problem: I need to know how can I solve a storage space problem. I have a Huawei Matebook D15 with a hard disk of 512gb, but aparently I have been using a disk or partition I'm not sure if those are correct terms that's named 'Windows C:' but has only 80gb of storage space and there's...
  7. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  8. Storage Space/Malware problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Space/Malware problems: note: I know **** about computers. Please use layman's terms ok? A while back I got my computer infected with malware that bundled with dodgy software I got off the web. It's still there months after i'd deleted said software. I was planning to restart my PC to get rid of...
  9. Problem with Storage Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Storage Space: My storage space is not loading. Below is a screen shot of the management screen: [img] I notice Warnings on 2 drives, but don't see how to tell what the warning is. They indicate 61% and 61% used, but I wouldn't think that close enough to be a problem with it starting. I...
  10. Do not use storage spaces -- mega problems !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Do not use storage spaces -- mega problems !!!: Hi folks sometimes when restoring different or earlier images of windows 10 after you've defined a storage space / storage pool on a later version you can't even see the HDD's in the storage pool even with DISKPART in admin mode. Strangely enough though AOMEI partition...