Windows 10: do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power

Discus and support do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to stop the computer to wake up from sleep mode when connecting it to power outlet. My laptop is a lenovo thinkpad yoga 3rd generation with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ilovelife, May 3, 2020.

1. ilovelife Win User

do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power

I want to stop the computer to wake up from sleep mode when connecting it to power outlet.

My laptop is a lenovo thinkpad yoga 3rd generation with latest windows update and drivers from lenovo website.
    Windows version 1909 os build 18363.778
    From bios the option to wake up the computer on ac power connect is disabled
    By tipying in an admin command promt: "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" I receive "none"

:)

ilovelife, May 3, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power [​IMG]

Chadi, May 3, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 3, 2020
  4. do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, May 3, 2020
Thema:

do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power

1. do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power - Similar Threads - wake laptop sleep

2. Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep: Hi,For the past 2 months or so, my laptop crashes sometimes when i wake it up from sleep. It does not happen everytime. So far I have tried1. Waking up the laptop when it is connected to power - to eliminate any battery related issues2. Updated graphics drivers of both...
  3. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  4. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  5. Laptop Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION When Waking Up From Sleep

Laptop Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION When Waking Up From Sleep: My laptop sometimes gets DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking up from sleep. The BSOD most happened when I didn't plug the power of the laptop. I tried update to the latest Windows 10 and used SFC to scan the files. Here's the minidump and system info of the laptop....
  6. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  7. Laptop waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  8. Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep: Hi Since i clean installed a windows 10 on my laptop , every time that the pc come up from sleep i hear a single Device connect sound. I can't find what hardware change causing it. 1. I updated all the drivers and checked the power management options Dispaly drivers to both...
  9. when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi: when waking my laptop from sleep, will not reconnect to wifi, Lenova Yoga. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/when-waking-my-laptop-from-sleep-will-not-connect/080ca23c-4d1b-418e-bc03-93f05f99586e
  10. Issues arising when laptop wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues arising when laptop wakes up from sleep: I have an HP Envy Model M1W82UA#ABA and experience a variety of issues when my computer goes to sleep and wakes up. These include: Computer crashes and restarts because of 'Driver Power State Failure' (according to Event Viewer) or ntoskrnl.exe according to...