Windows 10: Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a...

Discus and support Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I often save images from the internet on my desktop for easy access. I also send them to my "Documents folder" to permanently save them on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomWilson69, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a...

I often save images from the internet on my desktop for easy access. I also send them to my "Documents folder" to permanently save them on the computer and then remove them from my desktop to make room and save space. Lately, I notice that a message comes up telling me that they "will be permanently removed from my computer" if I delete the desktop item and many of those items are directly from an existing file or folder on my computer---NOT an internet file. I WANT THEM SAVED WHERE I SENT THEM, but no longer on my desktop. I do NOT want them permanently removed from my computer! This is a serious problem for me and something seems to have been changed without my permission. This was NOT a problem in the past, it only recently began to occur.

:)

TomWilson69, Nov 27, 2018

2. How to remove All Control Panel Items shortcut on desktop, permanently ?

The All Control Panel Items shortcut keeps coming back on my desktop ! Why ? How to remove it permanently !

MARCEL SAUCIER, Nov 27, 2018
  3. satchmo Win User
    Remove Items in Startup

It's easy to disable items in the Startup tab of the Task Manager, but how do I remove the item from the list altogether?

Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a... [​IMG]

I would like to remove SWFTP and the Realtek audio manager from the list.

I already searched everywhere in the forum. I have done it in the past, through the registry editor. But when I navigate to the key location, I don't even see those items within the registry.

satchmo, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a...

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a...

1. Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a... - Similar Threads - desktop items permanently

2. PERMANENTLY REMOVE Apps from my Microsoft Store List, not just HIDE them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PERMANENTLY REMOVE Apps from my Microsoft Store List, not just HIDE them: How do i remove a app that is free from my library ? I havent downloaded it , because last time i did i stole all my password and i have change over 200 passwords and they post ISIS and other disgusting things on my Instagram and Facebook. So that was fun , i want it removed...
  3. I want to remove screenshot from my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove screenshot from my desktop: I want to keep the screenshots, just not on my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-screenshot-from-my-desktop/6943c9bf-3940-4e28-a050-c05a47d5628f
  4. I want to remove screenshot from my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove screenshot from my desktop: I want to keep the screenshots, just not on my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-screenshot-from-my-desktop/6943c9bf-3940-4e28-a050-c05a47d5628f
  5. Remove quarantined items from your computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove quarantined items from your computer?: I have 4 quarantined items in my protection history.I want to know if the threat is still on my computer.How I can remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-quarantined-items-from-your-computer/36105ede-1cff-4afc-845d-57d2dd8c5df2
  6. I want to permanently remove Windows Defender/Security from my pc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to permanently remove Windows Defender/Security from my pc.: I absolutely despise this software. It removes files that are not trojan/malware/viruses at random without my consent. [ATTACH] This one reason is why I want to absolutely remove windows defender from my computer. There is better anti-virus anyway, and this one just...
  7. Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

in Windows 10 Support
    Two desktops. Want to remove one of them: Hello. I have HUAWEI MateBook X. My problem is that I have TWO different desktops. So long story short, when I bought the laptop I had OneDrive installed on it. I thought that the 2nd desktop was connected to it in order to transfer files to the cloud because the path to that...
  8. Remove all Xbox items from the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all Xbox items from the computer: Is there a way to remove all Xbox items from the computer? There are some of us that have not and will not ever use the Xbox on or off Windows 10. Even though I play some games they are never Xbox and things like the Game Bar have disrupted me....
  9. Desktop items are no longer permanent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop items are no longer permanent: when I login to a single account on my win 10 pro computer, the items I save to desktop are no longer there. When I go to the user directory I see my user name and another folder that is TEMP2.<computername>. From my observations all I am accessing are the desktop and...
  10. Recent Items: How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Items: How to remove them?: Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files. I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items" feature so that my .DOC files do not appear. Thank you for any help! 74255