Windows 10: Do parents of a Microsoft family get notified if you leave the family?

Discus and support Do parents of a Microsoft family get notified if you leave the family? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just want to educate myself on this question as any child set over the age of 18 can leave a microsoft family, but when doing so is the parent/... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Reround, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Reround Win User

Do parents of a Microsoft family get notified if you leave the family?

I just want to educate myself on this question as any child set over the age of 18 can leave a microsoft family, but when doing so is the parent/ organiser notified through email?

all answers are appreciated

:)

Reround, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Cannot Open Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox - Need Parent Permission error after leaving microsoft family

We appreciate that you perform the steps we've provided. It seems that your account is still included
    in your parent's account family list as a child. To further isolate your issue, we'd like to know if you already asked your parent to log in to their account and check if you're still included on their family list. Yes, kindly remove yourself to
    the family and check if there will be any changes.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Dec 19, 2020
  4. KyleTimm Win User

Leaving a family

I was once in a family, but then left the family. However, when I try to sigh in on my xbox, it says that my parent needs to sign in. I thought I left my family, but it still displays these messages. What can I do to completely leave the family and not be
    prompted with these constraints?

Moved from Community Participation Center

KyleTimm, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Do parents of a Microsoft family get notified if you leave the family? - Similar Threads - parents Microsoft family

2. Will leaving a group in Microsoft Family Safety alert the parents of the group?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will leaving a group in Microsoft Family Safety alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-group-in-microsoft-family-safety/1dabad29-0464-4cf4-9a9c-dab46cbf5589
  3. Will leaving a group in Microsoft Family Safety alert the parents of the group?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will leaving a group in Microsoft Family Safety alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-group-in-microsoft-family-safety/1dabad29-0464-4cf4-9a9c-dab46cbf5589
  4. Will leaving a group in Microsoft Family Safety alert the parents of the group?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Does leaving a microsoft family notify the family organizer that you left?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does leaving a microsoft family notify the family organizer that you left?: I've been searching for a little while now to figure this out but most pre-existing responses don't directly answer my question, I'm trying to figure out if removing yourself from a family will notify the organizer at all....
  6. Does leaving a microsoft family notify the family organizer that you left?

Does leaving a microsoft family notify the family organizer that you left?: I've been searching for a little while now to figure this out but most pre-existing responses don't directly answer my question, I'm trying to figure out if removing yourself from a family will notify the organizer at all....
  7. Does leaving a microsoft family notify the family organizer that you left?

8. Microsoft family block after leaving family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family block after leaving family: I couldn't remember the email to the parent account for my family so I left. Even after leaving the parental block is still in place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-block-after-leaving-family/8bdc6023-cd17-4102-9bca-b6b1c603bffb
  9. Microsoft family block after leaving family

Microsoft family block after leaving family: I couldn't remember the email to the parent account for my family so I left. Even after leaving the parental block is still in place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-block-after-leaving-family/8bdc6023-cd17-4102-9bca-b6b1c603bffb
  10. Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?

Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-family-group-in-microsoft-family/6522fe46-a9a1-4a37-a2ec-072fc96994fc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Will it notify family if you leave family group windows