Windows 10: Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder?

Discus and support Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I get the permissions to delete System 32 (I know that System 32 is the system and important for the system) Berechtigungen kriegen System 32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1Katzee457, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder?

How do I get the permissions to delete System 32 (I know that System 32 is the system and important for the system)

:)

1Katzee457, Jun 6, 2020

2. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder? :(

lyndonguitar, Jun 6, 2020
  3. silkstone Win User
    Cannot delete .Trash-999 folder

So I am trying to delete a folder from my secondary HDD called .Trash-999 that is from and ubuntu bootdisk. I managed to do it on the c:\ drive, but on my d:\ drive i am getting an error telling me that i don;t have permission to delete it.

I recently had a problem with windows permissions and fixed it on the c:\ drive with a windows re-install but i accidentally set up windows on d:\ The files contained within are from a mistaken windows install, which i tried to delete through ubuntu, it seems that ubuntu was able to move the files to the trash, but unable to delete them entirely.
    When i go to security on the folder, it tells me that i don't have permission to do this action. although the permissions on the folder gives re/write to everyone. However, when i go to the individual folders in there, no one has permission and when i try to give permission i get an access denied message.

Update - I just found a nifty little program that adds a take ownership option to the right click menu, this has allowed me to (finally) delete all the folders/files i need to.

silkstone, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder?

How to Customize File Sharing Permissions to Create/Modify/Delete FILES... but not FOLDERS?

Hello. I need to customize a shared folder on my network so that one user (Reba) can create, append, modify, delete all FILES within that folder and subfolders... but Reba should not be able to create or delete the FOLDERS.

I've tested various configurations, and the closest I've been able to come is to create
    TWO sets of Advanced permissions for Reba:

1. The first instance of Reba, is ALLOWED, applied to "This folders and subfolders,"

• Traverse folder / execute file
    • List folder / read data
    • Read attributes
    • Read extended attributes
    • Create files / write data
    • Write attributes
    • Write extended attributes
    • Delete subfolders and files
    • Read permissions
    But Reba is DENIED permissions of:

• Full control
    • Create folders / append data
    • Delete
    • Change permissions
    • Take ownership

2. The second instance of Reba, is ALLOWED, applied to "Files Only:"

• Traverse folder / execute file
    • List folder / read data
    • Read attributes
    • Read extended attributes
    • Create files / write data
    • Create folders / append data
    • Write attributes
    • Write extended attributes
    • Delete subfolders and files
    • Delete
    • Read permissions
    But Reba is DENIED permissions of:

• Full control
    • Change permissions
    • Take ownership

The above configuration does deny Reba the ability to create folders/subfolders... but ALLOWs her to delete folders (which I do NOT want her to be able to do).

DMGonzalez-Web, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder?

1. Do permissions get System 32 to delete a file or the whole folder? - Similar Threads - permissions System delete

2. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  3. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  4. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Deleted System 32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted System 32: I have deleted system 32 by accident and know when i open my computer it puts the bsod aka blue screen of death so and after it restarts so i did a backup but it factory reseted so it worked but know i got a notification that said your computer has restarded for a reason so i...
  6. System 32 delete

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System 32 delete: I accidentally deleted System32 folder while trying to find a virus not realising it was so important. Windows 10 came as part of the laptop so I don't have a DVD/CD-ROM to reboot. I've tried using a recovery disc to get it back but it didn't work. Is there a way to recover...
  7. Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission

Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission: I want to remove a driver folder from C:/Windows/System32/FileRepository/ and Windows won't let me. I'm the administrator but it requires SYSTEM permission. I've tried to move it, to delete everything inside, to force remove it from PowerShell as administrator, to change...
  8. Permission to delete file and folder

Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  9. Get permission to delete folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get permission to delete folders: Way too often, i come across a massage that says you need permission to perform this action if i try to delete a useless folder or a file on my computer. Any way to fix this? 124500
  10. Can change permissions of whole folders, have to do it file by file

in Windows 10 Support
    Can change permissions of whole folders, have to do it file by file: So recently I had some trouble with windows 7 and upgraded to ten after two attempts at reinstalling 7. I backed up my documents, music, etc onto one of many hard drives currently inside my machine before those two reinstall attempts. Now I'm at windows 10 and I can't mass...