Windows 10: Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?

Discus and support Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have run into some confusion. I thought it was a given that all new pre-built desktop and laptop PC's would have built in Wi-Fi. However, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlieWard1, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?

I have run into some confusion. I thought it was a given that all new pre-built desktop and laptop PC's would have built in Wi-Fi. However, after during some research online, some sources said some PC's come with built in Wi-Fi and some don't. So let's say I went on Amazon and bought a new PC. I hooked it up to a keyboard, mouse, monitor, and speakers. When I got to the setup screen where it asked to connect to Wi-Fi, would I see networks availible and be able to connect? Or would I have to use an Ethernet connection?

In short, my question is: Do modern desktop PC's have Wi-Fi integrated or not?

:)

CharlieWard1, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jul 18, 2019
  3. mikasa Win User
    pre built gaming PC?

Hello.

i need an advice on pre built PC, i don't have the resources to go on hunt getting built computers,
    i'm a college student and things will be easy if i just bought one.
    my usage will be between online gaming and photoshop im thinking on getting one of Dell's pc but i have experience with dell's the fan makes so much noise!
    so now i can't decide between lenovo ideacentre K430 or asus G10AC
    i'm thinking on a pc with gtx 770 i5 4670k but the i7 asus is tempting.

leveno
    Lenovo K430 Desktop | Extreme Performance Tower | Lenovo UK
    asus
    http://www.asus.com/Desktops/G10AC/

thanks *Smile Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi? :)

mikasa, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?

pre built gaming PC?

There's no reason to buy a name brand PC if you insist on a pre-built one. There are plenty of build houses that will build to your spec (within their configurator), and they also have pre-built models.

Doesn't make much sense to buy ANY pre-built though. Any 3 hr window you'd have on a weekend would easily be enough time to assemble ordered parts. We're talking like 8 main components which now a days are very easy plug n play assembly.

There are several easy to follow videos on how to put together a PC on YouTube, and if you watch them before the parts come, you'll literally be ready before they get there.

Frag Maniac, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?

1. Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi? - Similar Threads - pre built desktop

2. Wi-Fi Not working on new pre-built Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Not working on new pre-built Windows 11 PC: As the title states, we have tried everything we could think of so far but there doesn't seem to be any sort of luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-not-working-on-new-pre-built-windows-11-pc/006cf75d-7702-4c8b-91ba-3556d23b2651
  3. Wi-Fi Not working on new pre-built Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Not working on new pre-built Windows 11 PC: As the title states, we have tried everything we could think of so far but there doesn't seem to be any sort of luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-not-working-on-new-pre-built-windows-11-pc/006cf75d-7702-4c8b-91ba-3556d23b2651
  4. Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.: Recieved the PC yesterday and had multiple Memory_Management and Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSODs. I'll attach the minidump files:https://upload.disroot.org/r/RxuLUh6V#fNjg127h7DXDUbbm/bJlsGgfyubc5wFzCeTlk1+Raoo=Thing I tried to resolve them but did not work:Reinstalled...
  5. Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.: Recieved the PC yesterday and had multiple Memory_Management and Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSODs. I'll attach the minidump files:https://upload.disroot.org/r/RxuLUh6V#fNjg127h7DXDUbbm/bJlsGgfyubc5wFzCeTlk1+Raoo=Thing I tried to resolve them but did not work:Reinstalled...
  6. Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will resetting my 'pre-built' pc lose the OEM windows?: I got a Pre-Built Pc a couple years back, and am now looking to sell it to a friend. If I am to use the reset PC option in the settings option, will I lose the windows activation that is locked to the PC?...
  7. Permanently disable built in Wi-Fi on Acer Aspire 3 A315

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently disable built in Wi-Fi on Acer Aspire 3 A315: I have an Acer Aspire A 315 with a built in W-Fi that is extremely slow and slows the whole laptop. Internet speeds are approximately 2/10 DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD Mbps with the built in adapter and 40/90 with a TP Link USB adapter.I have disabled the device and uninstalled it...
  8. wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10: wi-fi not available after built the PC and instaling win 10, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-not-available-after-built-the-pc-and/a251bdab-d22d-4be9-bfdc-49600080758d
  9. Formatting pre built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting pre built pc: Ok so i really hope somebody can help me with this. I bought a pre built pc a few days ago. This is a "demo" pc which pretty much meant the pc was returned/repaired and not picked up again so they sold it very cheap. Now the first thing i did when i got it was check for...
  10. Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC: Hi, I have recently purchased a pre built pc solely for gaming, specs are: Intel i7 9700k, Zotac RTX 2070 Extreme Core Edition, Teamgroup Vulcan 3000mhz 8GB RAM (x2), on a Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard. Using MSI Afterburner for GPU fan control, but not overclocking...