Windows 10: Do Some Computers/10 Versions Lack Advanced Option Features?

Discus and support Do Some Computers/10 Versions Lack Advanced Option Features? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got a new laptop from dell (7559) about 2 months ago and already ran into an issue that seems like I'm going to have to do a system refresh. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vindows, Apr 9, 2017.

1. vindows Win User

Do Some Computers/10 Versions Lack Advanced Option Features?

I got a new laptop from dell (7559) about 2 months ago and already ran into an issue that seems like I'm going to have to do a system refresh. Before doing that I wanted to try the startup repair functionality, however, I can't seem to find it on my pc.

Using this pic as reference, the only options I have here are "UEFI Firmware settings" and "startup settings", the rest simply aren't there.

Is this yet another reason for me to hate Dell? Do some windows 10 versions not have these options, or do I just need to enable them somewhere?

Do Some Computers/10 Versions Lack Advanced Option Features? [​IMG]

:)

vindows, Apr 9, 2017
  2. padim7gr Win User

If I can't purchase the Windows 10 when the free period ends, then which are my options?

First of all hi.

I'm just one step before downloading the Windows 10 upgrade, but there is still a problem that's annoying me; supposedly I can't afford the full version of Windows 10, what shall I do?

OPERATING SYSTEM

Microsoft Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)

WINDOWS 10 Upgrade: Available

OPTIONS (IF I CAN'T BUY WINDOWS 10)

• Save some money to buy the full version (price yet unknown, due to lack of definition)
    • Restore Windows 7 (how???)
    If I chose to restore Windows 7 will some stuff be lost? Is it secure to download Windows 10 when I can't be sure whether I can afford the full version or not?

Thanks in advance for any response.

padim7gr, Apr 9, 2017
  3. computer function probelam after updating windows

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Click Go back to your previous version

There seems to be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10 1709, if you can, I recommend you downgrade to your previous version until the Fall Creators Update matures with future cumulative updates.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 9, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Your Windows Recovery Environment is not set up correctly.
    What results do you get if you open a Command Prompt (Admin) and run:
    reagentc /info

You should see something like:
    Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: d86c01ce-d523-11e6-a328-d8cb8a71f683 Recovery image location: Recovery image index: 0 Custom image location: Custom image index: 0 REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.[/quote] I'll bet yours says Windows RE Status: Disabled

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2017
  5. vindows Win User
    I'll bet yours says Windows RE Status: Disabled[/quote] Hi, yes, you are correct, windows re status: disabled.

Is there an easy way to enable this? Atm I can only boot up my pc into safe mode due to the problem I am currently facing with it.

Just trying command: reagentc /enable doesnt work
    REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update boot configuration data.

vindows, Apr 9, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    More than likely you are going to have to boot the computer from the system recovery drive that you created when the computer was fairly new - or a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive which you can use the Media Creation Tool to make:
    Download Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2017
  7. vindows Win User
    I never created a system recovery drive when the computer was fairly new (?). And I am unable to create one now. However, this computer has a pre-installed hidden recovery partition from dell. Although I am not sure how to boot from that or access it. TBH, I'm not even sure what that does on windows 10? Can I restore my laptop to dells factory default by using that recovery partition, even if I cannot access normal mode or enable the windows recovery environment?

Here is a picture of my partitions if it helps:

Do Some Computers/10 Versions Lack Advanced Option Features? [​IMG]

I also put windows 10 onto a usb flash drive as you instructed. I tried to install it with the upgrade: installation option, but that won't work unless I do it from normal mode, which I can't get into.

At this point its starting to look like my only option is to do a custom: installation and re-format the C: drive. My concern is that I received this laptop from dell already installed with windows 10, so I don't have license key. If I format the drive and re-install windows 10, won't I need to enter a license key which I dont have?

Also, wondering if I should delete all of those partitions except my harddrive?

Edit: I just noticed the 11gb recovery partition on my disk 1. Shortly after I got my laptop I used samsung data migration to transfer windows over from my hdd to ssd. Is the reason I have no recovery functionality because it left behind that 11gb partition? Can it be transferred over to ssd/disk 0 to fix my issue?

vindows, Apr 9, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

As you have a working bootable Windows, you can follow this procedure. You will need a large external drive for the disk image.

0. Shrink your Windows partition by at least 1Gb so you can get all Windows partitions on the same drive.
    1. Create a disk image using Macrium Reflect (free) of what you have now
    1.1 Create Macrium's boot medium
    2. Format disk 0.
    3. Delete redundant Windows partitions from disk 1.
    4. Clean install Windows on disk 0.
    5. Check it boots.
    5a. Optional: If you like, just to protect progress to date, create a new disk image (Windows Backup).
    6. Boot from Macrium's boot medium and replace the new Windows partition with that from your disk image.
    7. Run startup repair.

You should then have a consistent set of Windows partitions on disk 0.

The purpose of a manufacturer's recovery partition is to be used to restore the PC to as bought.

You don't need a key- activation info is held on MS's servers and should be automatic

Also make sure your BIOS is configured to use AHCI for the best SSD performance before you install Win 10.

Note we strongly and frequently recommend the routine use of disk imaging. This will be a good time to start.

dalchina, Apr 9, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can boot from the Windows 10 USB flash drive, select the custom install option, delete every partition on the SSD, select the unallocated space and do a clean install to the SSD. No product key will be required. Then make sure that the install created the required EFI System Partition on the SSD, and if it did, you can delete all the extra partitions on the hard drive and expand the data partition to fill the empty space. At this point it is unlikely you would be able to use the Dell recovery partition to go back to factory software. Others may know how you could use it, if you really wanted the factory software load back on. If you ever wanted to try that, just don't delete that partition.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Do Some Computers/10 Versions Lack Advanced Option Features? - Similar Threads - Computers Versions Lack

2. How do I turn on "Advanced Options" in App & Feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on "Advanced Options" in App & Feature?: In settings > Apps > Apps & Feature. When I click on the three dots icon on any app, it missing advanced options and only has Modify and Uninstall. How do I fix it? My Windows is Windows 11 Home Single Language...
  3. How do I turn on "Advanced Options" in App & Feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn on "Advanced Options" in App & Feature?: In settings > Apps > Apps & Feature. When I click on the three dots icon on any app, it missing advanced options and only has Modify and Uninstall. How do I fix it? My Windows is Windows 11 Home Single Language...
  4. i lost some advanced option.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i lost some advanced option.: KHKhushbooMauryaCreated on February 7, 2022the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loadedthe user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loadedI am few days back i switched my window 7 to window 10 and deleted all data of...
  5. Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features: there is no advanced option in my whats app in apps and features in setting , I have latest version of windows 10 but no advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-advanced-options-in-whatsapp-in-apps-and/6d0fa2b0-bfba-48ac-b4bd-7222fada3ecf
  6. Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features

Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features: there is no advanced option in my whats app in apps and features in setting , I have latest version of windows 10 but no advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-advanced-options-in-whatsapp-in-apps-and/6d0fa2b0-bfba-48ac-b4bd-7222fada3ecf
  7. Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Hard drive sleeping and lack of advanced power options.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive sleeping and lack of advanced power options.: My external hard drive keeps falling asleep after a set period of time, which makes it borderline unusable for gaming. I looked up how to fix this and every solution mentions changing the advanced power options on my power plan. However, windows removed many of the power...
  9. Advanced Options missing some features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Options missing some features: Of late my Advanced Options only displays the Startup settings while other features such as Startup Repair and Command Prompt suddenly vanished. [IMG]...
  10. Missing "Apps & Features > Advanced option"

Missing "Apps & Features > Advanced option": I recently recovered my windows 10 from the newest update as a lot of my apps are not compatible yet. Then I realized that many of the windows built-in apps such as Maps, Photos are not working anymore. (They instantly close/crash) I found a solution online: Open the...