Windows 10: Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP!

Discus and support Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a BAT file that i want to be executed when a USB enters! Please guide me!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Freyam Mehta, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP!

i have a BAT file that i want to be executed when a USB enters!

Please guide me!

:)

Freyam Mehta, Nov 17, 2018

2. USB-IF to Develop Media Agnostic USB Specification

The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) today announced the development of the Media Agnostic (MA) USB specification. The specification is designed to allow wireless devices and docking stations to communicate over the USB protocol, without the need for a physical USB connection. An important design goal of the specification is to achieve wireless gigabit transfer rates while leveraging existing USB infrastructure, present in the form of:

• Open application programming interfaces in every major operating system
    • USB class specifications by USB-IF device working groups
    • A wealth of open-source/OS specific drivers for USB classes
    • Vendor-specific device drivers for a multitude of USB vendor-specific devices

Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP! superspeed_usb_logo_thm.jpg

The WiGig Serial Extension (WSE) v1.2 specification from the Wi-Fi Alliance will provide the initial foundation for the Media Agnostic USB specification. The WSE specification has been formally transferred to the USB-IF from the Wi-Fi Alliance, and the WSE specification already incorporates the USB protocol.

"We are pleased to see the USB-IF use the WiGig Serial Extension in its development of the Media Agnostic USB specification," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Advanced wireless usages of serial bus technology have the potential to deliver great benefit to users."

Wireless devices implementing the Media Agnostic USB specification will be compliant with SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) and Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0). The USB-IF has established a Media Agnostic USB Work Group which is currently developing the MA USB specification 1.0.

Cristian_25H, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Where are my disabled tasks located in Win 10?

Hi Cotter,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Task scheduler in search box and press enter

• Under Actions

• Select Enable All Tasks History
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Agility Win User

Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP!

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP!

1. Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP! - Similar Threads - Specific tasks USB

2. Is there a way to unlock a system when a specific USB device (more specifically: a phone)...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to unlock a system when a specific USB device (more specifically: a phone)...: Open to using third party software as long as I can use and install it offline. submitted by /u/CryloTheRaccoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhamtp/is_there_a_way_to_unlock_a_system_when_a_specific/
  3. Remap Function Keys to Specific Tasks

Remap Function Keys to Specific Tasks: I want to assign function keys to tasks like mute microphone, receive calls on MS Teams, etc. Is there a way for me to do this? Maybe an external tool to achieve this? submitted by /u/im_alright_ma [link] [comments]...
  4. Very Specific Help

Very Specific Help: Hello. My laptop has a Num Lock right above the trackpad and I was wondering if I could bound that to the login password. Something along the lines of this: Laptop Starts and Asks for Login > I press the num lock key > laptop unlocks and goes to desktop. I would really...
  5. [HELP] Attributing a connection (when there is multiple) to a specific software

[HELP] Attributing a connection (when there is multiple) to a specific software: Hello everyone, I sometimes have two connections on my computer, once from my home internet (through cable) and the other from my 4G through my phone (wired). I would like to know if it is possible to have the two of them connected but assigning a software to a particular...
  6. Do I need a specific USB stick for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need a specific USB stick for Windows 10?: Can I use any USB stick for the Windows 10 installation or do I need a specific one? Brauche ich für Windows 10 einen bestimmten USB Stick?
  7. Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.

Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.: I'm investigating an issue with port 80 and have the pid number of the process using that port. But the pid number is not showing in task manager and all services from all users are shown. How can I locate the service using the pid? submitted by /u/Raspberryfx [link]...
  8. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  9. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  10. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol: Hi, I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active. there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available where are all this connection names stored? I...