Windows 10: Do the rest of you still have Windows Media Player installed?

Discus and support Do the rest of you still have Windows Media Player installed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know that Windows Media Center has been dropped for Windows 10, but what about the Media Player? I just tried to rip one of my own CDs onto my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Florio, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Florio Win User

Do the rest of you still have Windows Media Player installed?

I know that Windows Media Center has been dropped for Windows 10, but what about the Media Player?
    I just tried to rip one of my own CDs onto my hard drive, only to find that Windows Media Player didn't open it and start copying the tracks to my Music collection. The other media players I have on my PC will not (as far as I'm aware) rip tracks from a CD.
    From what I've read online, version 12 of the Media Player should be available for Windows 10 users, but I haven't got it, nor can I find where to download it from.
    Something strange; if I go to Control Panel, Programs, Enable or Disable Windows Functions, Windows Media Player is actually listed under Multimedia functionality (I have it ticked).

:)

Florio, Feb 7, 2016
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

lumia 920 sync problems

Do you have enough memory on your device to hold the rest of the music, you have to have the program that your syncing from whether that is iTunes or Windows Media Player

TomBrad95, Feb 7, 2016
  3. zturn Win User
    media player problems on my blackjack 2 help!

that would rest the whole fone right? can i just rest the media player??

zturn, Feb 7, 2016
  4. Do the rest of you still have Windows Media Player installed?

Go to Bing or google search type in WMP and it will take you to several links were you can get it from
    Once you find it and download it the go to apps and it should be in there under w
    You can add it to start by right click

hTconeM9user, Feb 7, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
    Type Windows Media Player in start search.

Do the rest of you still have Windows Media Player installed? [​IMG]

EDIT: If you don't have it, do not worry, get VLC player which is better than WMP*Smile

brummyfan, Feb 7, 2016
  6. Florio Win User
    Most of the links I've tried take me to the Microsoft page, from where it's not possible to download the lastest wmp (Get Windows Media Player - Microsoft Windows). Other sites, like CNET no longer offer the player. Do you guys actually have it installed on your PC?

Florio, Feb 7, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    Is it then possible not included in your version, hard to believe. Start Menu under All Apps then Windows Accessories you do not see it there ?

jds63, Feb 7, 2016
  8. Florio Win User

Florio, Feb 7, 2016
  9. Phone Man Win User
    It is installed from Control Panel - Add features as you have said.

Look in Program Files and Program Files (x86) for Windows Media Player (it's in both places) and you can open it from there but I don't think it can rip videos but I only use it to playback so not familiar with it.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Feb 7, 2016
  10. Florio Win User
    No, it isn't listed there, nor under the various Windows programs...

Florio, Feb 7, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
  12. hTconeM9user, Feb 7, 2016
  13. jds63 Win User

Then try what Navy said, Windows version you have then for the reasons why it is not there.

jds63, Feb 7, 2016
  14. Florio Win User
    Thank you so much for that. It was in fact installed, and I've now managed to open it and send a short cut to the task bar. (I need it to rip CDs and not DVDs) .*Wink

Florio, Feb 7, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    But not in Windows accessories ?

jds63, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Do the rest of you still have Windows Media Player installed? - Similar Threads - rest still Media

2. How do you play a playlist in shuffle in Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you play a playlist in shuffle in Windows Media Player?: hi. i have several playlists i want to play the songs in on shuffle. however, in the playlist section i see no "shuffle and play" button. when i view by artist, there is a shuffle and play option: is there any way to shuffle and play a playlist or can i only shuffle and play...
  3. how do you combine albums in media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you combine albums in media player: combining music albums in media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-combine-albums-in-media-player/0ff4d30b-c2e9-4aec-b4e6-24a8f928083e
  4. how do you combine albums in media player

how do you combine albums in media player: combining music albums in media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-combine-albums-in-media-player/0ff4d30b-c2e9-4aec-b4e6-24a8f928083e
  5. Do you have a media player with a dual subtitle and cast TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you have a media player with a dual subtitle and cast TV?: HelloI'm looking for two features of the media player for windows 11 which are dual subtitles means can have 2 subtitles at the same time and cast TV. The file I use is MKV and HEVC.Thank you....
  6. Do you have a media player with a dual subtitle and cast TV?

Do you have a media player with a dual subtitle and cast TV?: HelloI'm looking for two features of the media player for windows 11 which are dual subtitles means can have 2 subtitles at the same time and cast TV. The file I use is MKV and HEVC.Thank you....
  7. Windows Media Player STILL cannot burn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player STILL cannot burn: It is quite appalling that this fault remains unresolved. The files were all created by the same app and appropriate voice mixes formatted to .mp3 Brand new CDs have been tried using both JVC & Maxell manufacture All "suggested" fixes have been tried.... Please; - when...
  8. Installing Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Windows Media Player: I was copying CDs to mp3 format to my Music folder on my PC. I have a read/write cd/dvd drive. Somehow (probably stupidly) I uninstall Windows Media Player and can't figure out how to get it back. I have search on the web and tried numerous things. Can you Help....
  9. What did you do to Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What did you do to Windows Media Player?: I used Windows Media Player all the time to rip CD's from the library to listen to them on my smartphone, but when I try to rip a CD now Windows Media Player just shuts down. :-(...
  10. What do you use for a Media Player?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do you use for a Media Player?: Hi. Wondering what folks here use for a Digital Media Player in your entertainment systems. Standalone player? Which one? Wired or wireless? HTPC or NUC? TV or Bluray player using Windows DLNA? I've got a WD TV Live, very long in the tooth, and getting ready to...