Windows 10: Do these sites that claim to clean your HD safe could it damage the drive

Discus and support Do these sites that claim to clean your HD safe could it damage the drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Do these sites that claim to clean your HD safe could it damage the drive also a lot of times when i try closing something it takes forever also system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TIMMY 067, Dec 19, 2019.

1. TIMMY 067 Win User

Do these sites that claim to clean your HD safe could it damage the drive

Do these sites that claim to clean your HD safe could it damage the drive also a lot of times when i try closing something it takes forever also system

seems to freeze alot

dell Optiplex

Thank you

T5IMMY

:)

TIMMY 067, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it when connecting an HD drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get a clear picture of the issue, we will need the following details:

• When exactly are you receiving the error message?
    • Have you tried connecting the drive to any other USB port?
    • Are you able to access the drive on any other computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer and the HD drive?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

You can scan the drive for errors by following the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Right click on the HD Drive and select
      Properties.
    4. Click on Tools tab, under
      Error Checking
      click on Check. This will scan the drive for error and fix them.
    Note: If any bad sectors are found on the hard drive while Windows try to repair the sectors, data on the sectors might be lost.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 19, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Do these sites that claim to clean your HD safe could it damage the drive - Similar Threads - sites claim clean

2. is tlauncher.org safe site.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is tlauncher.org safe site.: is tlauncher a safe site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-tlauncherorg-safe-site/6542f76d-73c0-4536-8b54-14f3cb4003db
  3. what does this option do and could it damage the processor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this option do and could it damage the processor?: what does this option do and could it damage the processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-option-do-and-could-it-damage-the/507dcfa7-7fbf-4a34-894f-00cd2bba36a3
  4. what does this option do and could it damage the processor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does this option do and could it damage the processor?: what does this option do and could it damage the processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-option-do-and-could-it-damage-the/507dcfa7-7fbf-4a34-894f-00cd2bba36a3
  5. what does this option do and could it damage the processor?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Is it safe to do a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to do a clean boot?: I want to do a clean boot so i could see what was wrong when i tried to launch a game, but I do not if it will harm my laptop or not, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-do-a-clean-boot/f5494ee4-4936-4f64-ac1d-c97a57b3d331
  7. safe download sites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    safe download sites: Is Win-rar.com safe to download? Is nchsoftware.com a safe site for downloads? Suggestions for downloads for Easycapture usb2.0 video adapter with audio? Can't get it to work with pc that has Windows 7. So I'd like to try laptop with windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 update could be damaging your SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update could be damaging your SSD: Since the 2400 update came out I can't access my external hard drive it is a WD . I keep getting this error in the device manager : " Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB set address request failed." What has to happen this...
  9. YOUR SYSTEM IS DAMAGED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YOUR SYSTEM IS DAMAGED: I keep getting this message (SYSTEM WARNING - YOUR WINDOWS SYSTEM IS DAMAGED in a box vaguely resembling Microsoft) advising me that the whole world and my files are being deleted unless I update a damaged Windows 10. Now I am aware this is a scam of sorts but how do I stop...
  10. Suspicious web site claiming to be Microsoft.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious web site claiming to be Microsoft.: Today I received a popup web site claiming to be from Microsoft and asking for personal information. The address is http://3.16.166.238/. What is the procedure for reporting this to Microsoft? Thank you....