Windows 10: Do these voltages look okay? Im having bsod and wondering if psu is to blame

Discus and support Do these voltages look okay? Im having bsod and wondering if psu is to blame in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Thank you for any help[IMG][IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesRigby, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Do these voltages look okay? Im having bsod and wondering if psu is to blame

Thank you for any helpDo these voltages look okay? Im having bsod and wondering if psu is to blame [​IMG]Do these voltages look okay? Im having bsod and wondering if psu is to blame [​IMG]

:)

JamesRigby, Jan 14, 2019

2. Looking for a PSU Monitor (Erratic problems - PSU or SSD problem?)

For the past few weeks, I've been having major problems with my Win 10 Pro X64 system. I won't bore you with a full list of the issues and problem solving. However, here are links to my previous 2 threads on my issues:
    Can't open and Metro style Windows app
    How to identify and solve a potential SSD problem

The problems experienced have been very erratic. The following is partial list:
    • Couldn't open Metro apps
    • System reported that it needed to scan for and fix HD errors(SSD)
    • mouse drivers corrupted
    • Upon booting Win reports that password was invalid (it was OK but couldn't open Windows)
    • Internet connection slows to a crawl
    • A/V program won't open due to inability to load one of it's files
    • BSOD when trying to boot

I thought that the problem was solved when I did a fresh install of Windows. It lasted for about a week before it acted up again. I have reinstalled Windows twice since then but erratic problems return.

I have done several virus scans and checked for rootkits and everything comes up clean. (using multiple programs)

The only thing that I can assume is that I have either an SSD or Power supply problem.

I have an OCZ-Vector 256GB SSD as my Windows system drive. I have installed the OCZ SSD Utility and it reports that all is well.

Since the SSD utility reports that all is well, I looked for a power supply monitor that would monitor voltages but have been unsuccessful. I believe that I need to monitor the 12V, 5V & 3.3V rails. I called ASUS (the computer manufacturer) but they have nothing for me. I downloaded the CPUID HWMonitor but it doesn't provide information on these 3 rails.

I did several power consumption calculations based on my hardware and I'm reasonably within the capacity of the power supply.

I don't really want to start replacing the SSD or PSU on spec. I'd prefer to conclusively identify the problem.

To this end, can anyone suggest a good PSU monitor? (I know that EVGA has one but I don't have a EVGA PSU)

dsscottage, Jan 14, 2019
  3. CG98798 Win User
    Intermittent BSODs, Possible PSU Brown Outages.

I just looked at My Computer Details and it says my BIOS is from 2011. I have an i7 2600 with a GTX660ti and 12 GB RAM.

I'm skeptical of my PSU because it's a greentext cx750(the ones all the tech blogs bash left and right). And i thought it might be the PSU because for a while it started crashing and freezing without a bsod.

I'm going to see if I can get another minidump that's more in line with what it has been doing consistently.

CG98798, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Do these voltages look okay? Im having bsod and wondering if psu is to blame

Japanese IME - How to have menus in English?

The default display language for the Microsoft IME is "Automatic", and occasionally it decides for whatever reason to change from English to Japanese or vice versa.
    At any rate, you can correct the issue without removing any language packs via the following steps. I'm going to assume that your Windows display language is in English, but your IME is set to display in Japanese.

1. Navigate thus: Control Panel -> Region & Language -> Keyboards &
      Languages -> Change Keyboards
    2. Highlight "Microsoft IME" under the Japanese (Japan) keyboard section of the "Installed services" list
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Under the ""全股" tab, you will see an option at the bottom "メニューおよびダイアログで使用する言語" which is the IME display language option. Change this to "英語" (English) and save your changes (the buttons are in the same order as they are in the English UI, "Okay", "Cancel", "Apply", and "Help".

The next time you reopen the IME in the language bar, it should display in English.

Vector Gorgoth, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Do these voltages look okay? Im having bsod and wondering if psu is to blame

1. Do these voltages look okay? Im having bsod and wondering if psu is to blame - Similar Threads - voltages okay having

2. A wonderful look for developers, without The Insider program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A wonderful look for developers, without The Insider program: Desktop 2022 4/2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-wonderful-look-for-developers-without-the/d517205f-6b60-4e84-81e0-15610a3e61b0
  3. A wonderful look for developers, without The Insider program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A wonderful look for developers, without The Insider program: Desktop 2022 4/2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-wonderful-look-for-developers-without-the/d517205f-6b60-4e84-81e0-15610a3e61b0
  4. A wonderful look for developers, without The Insider program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Will changing PSU not cause BSOD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will changing PSU not cause BSOD?: Hello everybody, So I’ve been having issues with my computer not turning off, or not turning on my monitor, I’ve deleted everything from my HDD and my SSD (where windows was installed) and did a fresh install of Windows. Even then my computer would crash without any files...
  6. Hi! Im wondering if there is a shortcut to disable/ log out of devices I may have...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hi! Im wondering if there is a shortcut to disable/ log out of devices I may have...: Hello! So thankyou for helping set up my account. how can know my previous up date to windows 10 was successful. or if I have to download Microsoft edge for the 15th time? thank you! I was elated when I saw my picture by my profile. It was a good feeling. Hopefully I can...
  7. Does this soundcard look okay?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does this soundcard look okay?: Hi Does this look ok for a sound card? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 My motherboards soundcard does not work. I then purchased a sound blaster z sound card. That now does not work. So i was looking for cheaper soundcards and came up with the link...
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: BSOD happened several times in this week after I updated my windows 10 into the latest version, especially when I was uploading or downloading something through utorrent via ipv6. Windows blame the LiC63x64.sys, and I have updated all my Atheros drivers but it still happen....
  9. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  10. Looking for a PSU Monitor (Erratic problems - PSU or SSD problem?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for a PSU Monitor (Erratic problems - PSU or SSD problem?): For the past few weeks, I've been having major problems with my Win 10 Pro X64 system. I won't bore you with a full list of the issues and problem solving. However, here are links to my previous 2 threads on my issues: Can't open and Metro style Windows app How to identify...