Windows 10: Do this for all conflicts with Copy and Replace - If I select Don't Copy Duplicate NO files...

Discus and support Do this for all conflicts with Copy and Replace - If I select Don't Copy Duplicate NO files... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Weird thing - Running Win 10 latest vers. on an HP EliteOne G5 AIO. When I try to copy ANY files from ANY folder to a different folder they copy fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrixieDee, Jul 11, 2019.

1. TrixieDee Win User

Do this for all conflicts with Copy and Replace - If I select Don't Copy Duplicate NO files...

Weird thing - Running Win 10 latest vers. on an HP EliteOne G5 AIO. When I try to copy ANY files from ANY folder to a different folder they copy fine but if even one file is already in there and the Copy File dialogue box comes up that asks "Copy and Replace" or "Dont Copy" if I choose "Don't Copy" with the "Do This For All Conflicts" box checked NO files will get copied, whether they are there or not. So I have to individually click 800 times "Don't Copy" in order to get the 5 or 10 I want copied over to another folder. No idea what would cause this.

:)

TrixieDee, Jul 11, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jul 11, 2019
  4. nanrod Win User

Do this for all conflicts with Copy and Replace - If I select Don't Copy Duplicate NO files...

File Copy Conflict Resolution

When I copy a number of files from one folder to another which already contains some of the same files. A conflict box opens giving me a choice between Copy and Replace or Don't Copy. There is also a check box for "Do this for all conflicts". When I check
    the checkbox and select don't copy it ignores all conflicts and quits the copy process. Why?

nanrod, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Do this for all conflicts with Copy and Replace - If I select Don't Copy Duplicate NO files... - Similar Threads - conflicts Copy Replace

2. Where do I find copies to replace corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find copies to replace corrupted files?: I followed most steps to restore and repair corrupted files to allow me to download new AMD software, windows 11 update and several other updates that will not download . I found 2 corrupted files I believe I’m working on the first, I took administrator ownership of the first...
  3. Issue copying files to phone with ignoring all duplicates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue copying files to phone with ignoring all duplicates: Same issue as described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-to-a-galaxy-s9-skip-duplicates/4ae74a91-ea8e-452a-8afb-561eb7d2f481:When copying many files from windows to android phone storage pixel 5 in this case, when there are partially...
  4. Issue copying files to phone with ignoring all duplicates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue copying files to phone with ignoring all duplicates: Same issue as described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-to-a-galaxy-s9-skip-duplicates/4ae74a91-ea8e-452a-8afb-561eb7d2f481:When copying many files from windows to android phone storage pixel 5 in this case, when there are partially...
  5. Issue copying files to phone with ignoring all duplicates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive

Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive: When I installed OneDrive, I found that I have hundreds of duplicate files ending in "- Copy.*" These occur in the original folders and also the OneDrive folders. How do I delete all of the copies? Will this continue to occur?...
  7. Copied files not selected upon completion of copy/paste

Copied files not selected upon completion of copy/paste: I have Windows 10 and something has changed as I remember from windows 7. When I am in Windows Explorer and I copy/paste files from one folder to another, the copied files are not selected ie highlighted after the paste is complete. This is annoying and I cannot figure out...
  8. Can I Select all in Copy clipboard?

Can I Select all in Copy clipboard?: I want to use the WIN+V to copy various text in a multipage document and then paste all in a new document. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-select-all-in-copy-clipboard/8b0f209d-803e-492a-a752-f3939c05c257
  9. Duplicate copy music files

Duplicate copy music files: I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried to uncheck file merge path through settings. Is it possible to remove duplicates, rather than individual deleting? Best...
  10. "Do this for all conflicts" when copying / moving files using Windows Explorer

"Do this for all conflicts" when copying / moving files using Windows Explorer: When I copy files using Windows Explorers and the same files already exist in the target folder I get a dialog that says "There is already a file with the same name in this location." At this point I have two options: "Copy and replace" or "Don't copy", with a checkbox at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont copy for all conflicts

2. copy conflict edit key

3. do i copy and replace or dont copy