Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; We’re eight days to launch! Next up in our series where we’re talking about cool features in Windows 10 is Microsoft Edge. The all-new browser designed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge | Blogging Windows

Brink, Jul 21, 2015
  2. kenC Win User

Pity they didn't just concentrate on making a decent browser.

:)

3. Joy Kemprai Win User
    Microsoft Edge keeps logging me out of my accounts.

Hi Niflow,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Is the issue specific to Edge?

Try it in a different browser and check.Scan your system for any malware or virus and check.

We may choose to clear browser data under ...->Settings->Clear Browse Data, choose what to clear part.

Get to know Microsoft Edge

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-get-to-know-microsoft-edge

And

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 21, 2015
  4. MaRoselle Cag Win User

Microsoft Edge closes unexpectably

Hi Steven,

One possible reason why you're experiencing this issue is due to possible recent changes made on your computer. To further assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior experiencing this issue?
    • Do you get any error messages when using Microsoft Edge?
    • Does the same issue happen with your other web browsers?

As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that your run
    Windows Apps Troubleshooter
    . This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent applications and games from using correctly.

Update us on the result so we can further assist you.

MaRoselle Cag, Jul 21, 2015
  5. fieldar Win User
    Sounds like somebody got out of bed on the wrong side this this morning.

fieldar, Jul 21, 2015
  6. Joanne Win User
    Is there an Adblock addon for Edge? *Smile

Joanne, Jul 21, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    General Rules:
    1) Rudeness, insults, racial/hate slander, flaming, attacks, stalking, and trolling will not be tolerated.
    2) No useless posts, e.g., thread bumping, useless one liners, junk posting to increase post count, and identical multi-postings in different forums.
    3) No spamming, advertising, selling, or promoting products or other sites.
    4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).
    5) No plagiarism.
    6) No discussions of hacking someones system, network, password, etc.
    7) No Rep begging or abuse of the Rep System.
    8) No discussions of religion, politics, or firearms.
    9) Posting of sexually explicit content (nudity) is not allowed.
    10) Absolutely no posting of malicious content of any kind, e.g., links, software.
    11) Multiple site accounts are not allowed. No fake or disposable emails/domains are to be allowed for site registration.
    12) This is an English based site. Please only post in English, or provide an English translation in your posts.
    13) No ad blocking discussions. This site depends on ads to pay for the costs of running and maintaining it.
    14) To comply with international laws - all members must be 13 years old or above.
    15) To comply with the ridiculous EU e-privacy laws you accept that this site uses cookies as set out in our Privacy and cookie policy.

Cliff S, Jul 21, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

I read somewhere that they are planning further work on Edge past RTM, such as addons.

swarfega, Jul 21, 2015
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    "Do unexpected things" with prerelease software == lots of bugs*Wink

I cannot understand the advert thing - As soon as you register and sign on, Adverts and popups are magically gone! It is only the bots and chance lurkers who see them.

Fafhrd, Jul 21, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Here ya go!

[​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 21, 2015
  11. Fafhrd Win User
    I don't have Raid -will it still work?*Smile

Fafhrd, Jul 21, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    *Roflmao2

Cliff S, Jul 21, 2015
  13. iain Win User

Notice the "distraction free web page" portion of the video.

If that means what I think it means, then the answer to your query is yes. *Wink

BTW, Edge is essentially an HTML5 application, which means it doesn't use add-ons. The functionality of add-ons is inherent in the browser.

14. Joanne Win User
    Thanks for your reply!

I've visited quite a few sites, like cnn, bbc, the guardian and others, and this feature is always grayed out on Edge, in my system.

Joanne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - unexpected things Microsoft

1. How to fix the UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix the UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP error in Windows 10: As a frequent Windows 10 user, you may have at one or more times experienced an ominous Blue Screen of Death error with an UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP error message at the bottom of the screen. The annoying Blue Screen message is usually followed by abrupt freezing or...
  2. Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x80070026. Used features: (no

in Windows 10 News
    Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x80070026. Used features: (no: Q:Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x80070026. Used features: (none). Supporting an end user who uses Power Query with Salesforce integration to do Excel database work. These problems started after they were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 (version 1703). 1. They're...
  3. A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 News
    A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error: Tried to create a Restore Point today and received the following error: "The Restore Point Could Not be Created for the following reason: A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the application event log for more information....
  4. Clean Install: I get a download dialog box unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 News
    Clean Install: I get a download dialog box unexpectedly.: Maybe this is a question for the Crome Forum - so I'll post it there too. I, seeming randomly, get a pop-up dialog box which shows a filename and a place to choose where I want to download it to (you know, this is the standard download window when you want to download an app...
  5. BSOD unexpected store exception, critical process died, dpc watchdog

in Windows 10 News
    BSOD unexpected store exception, critical process died, dpc watchdog: Hello. Few weeks ago I started getting bsod on my alienware laptop. Mainly unexpected store exception, sometimes critical process died and dpc watchdog violation. Windows doesnt manage to collect dump file as it stuck on 0 when collecting info so i have to force shutdown and...
  6. Several Random BSODs over Last 2 Days - Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 News
    Several Random BSODs over Last 2 Days - Unexpected Store Exception: Hi all, My ~5 year old laptop has started to play up with 4-5 BSODs over the last couple of days. These seem to happen at random, once even when the laptop was completely unattended. Dump files are never generated and the system always reboots to a black screen with no...
  7. Unexpected Store Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 News
    Unexpected Store Exception BSOD: I got this BSOD with chrome and steam open and I was actually trying to launch a game called War Thunder from steam and it just crashed without opening it. I don't have any idea what this BSOD is so please help me with this because it might do it again if I launch that game...
Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge solved