Windows 10: Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re eight days to launch! Next up in our series where we’re talking about cool features in Windows 10 is Microsoft Edge. The all-new browser designed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge

Source: Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge | Blogging Windows

Brink, Jul 20, 2015
  2. kenC Win User

Pity they didn't just concentrate on making a decent browser.

:)

3. Microsoft Edge keeps logging me out of my accounts.

Hi Niflow,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Is the issue specific to Edge?

Try it in a different browser and check.Scan your system for any malware or virus and check.

We may choose to clear browser data under ...->Settings->Clear Browse Data, choose what to clear part.

Get to know Microsoft Edge

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-get-to-know-microsoft-edge

And

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 21, 2015
  4. Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge closes unexpectably

Hi Steven,

One possible reason why you're experiencing this issue is due to possible recent changes made on your computer. To further assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior experiencing this issue?
    • Do you get any error messages when using Microsoft Edge?
    • Does the same issue happen with your other web browsers?

As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that your run
    Windows Apps Troubleshooter
    . This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent applications and games from using correctly.

Update us on the result so we can further assist you.

MaRoselle Cag, Jul 21, 2015
  5. fieldar Win User
    Sounds like somebody got out of bed on the wrong side this this morning.

fieldar, Jul 21, 2015
  6. Joanne Win User
    Is there an Adblock addon for Edge? *Smile

Joanne, Jul 21, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    General Rules:
    1) Rudeness, insults, racial/hate slander, flaming, attacks, stalking, and trolling will not be tolerated.
    2) No useless posts, e.g., thread bumping, useless one liners, junk posting to increase post count, and identical multi-postings in different forums.
    3) No spamming, advertising, selling, or promoting products or other sites.
    4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).
    5) No plagiarism.
    6) No discussions of hacking someones system, network, password, etc.
    7) No Rep begging or abuse of the Rep System.
    8) No discussions of religion, politics, or firearms.
    9) Posting of sexually explicit content (nudity) is not allowed.
    10) Absolutely no posting of malicious content of any kind, e.g., links, software.
    11) Multiple site accounts are not allowed. No fake or disposable emails/domains are to be allowed for site registration.
    12) This is an English based site. Please only post in English, or provide an English translation in your posts.
    13) No ad blocking discussions. This site depends on ads to pay for the costs of running and maintaining it.
    14) To comply with international laws - all members must be 13 years old or above.
    15) To comply with the ridiculous EU e-privacy laws you accept that this site uses cookies as set out in our Privacy and cookie policy.

Cliff S, Jul 21, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

I read somewhere that they are planning further work on Edge past RTM, such as addons.

swarfega, Jul 21, 2015
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    "Do unexpected things" with prerelease software == lots of bugs*Wink

I cannot understand the advert thing - As soon as you register and sign on, Adverts and popups are magically gone! It is only the bots and chance lurkers who see them.

Fafhrd, Jul 21, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Here ya go!

Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 21, 2015
  11. Fafhrd Win User
    I don't have Raid -will it still work?*Smile

Fafhrd, Jul 21, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    *Roflmao2

Cliff S, Jul 21, 2015
  13. iain Win User

Notice the "distraction free web page" portion of the video.

If that means what I think it means, then the answer to your query is yes. *Wink

BTW, Edge is essentially an HTML5 application, which means it doesn't use add-ons. The functionality of add-ons is inherent in the browser.

14. Joanne Win User
    Thanks for your reply!

I've visited quite a few sites, like cnn, bbc, the guardian and others, and this feature is always grayed out on Edge, in my system.

Joanne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Do unexpected things with Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - unexpected things Microsoft

2. how do I remove Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I remove Microsoft edge: I have tried for serval years to remove it from my laptop and desktop to no avail. I am finally making a post here in hopes that i can get some answers. the only ways I've seen include installing some program that goes into root privilege's to remove it because it has higher...
  3. Things to do in windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Things to do in windows?: So I just bought my first laptop like "first" windows(10) based thing so any new tips Would be welcome. submitted by /u/santoredit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jquuiw/things_to_do_in_windows/
  4. Why do Microsoft constantly change things that are working?

Why do Microsoft constantly change things that are working?: Tell me, you wonks at Microsoft. Why do you constantly change things that were working fine? Why do you have a bar down the side of most things that you have to mouse on to widen it? Why cant I set file associations freely and easily? Why do I have to use your dumb apps like...
  5. How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE

How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE: I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't redirect that it is useless. So. Someone guide me on its reinstall please! Regards John...
  6. How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE

How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE: I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't redirect that it is useless. So. Someone guide me on its reinstall please! Regards John...
  7. Edge closes unexpectedly

Edge closes unexpectedly: My web browser Edge opens but closes unexpectedly and it is annoying that you are doing some research and it suddenly closes. How could that problem be solved with Edge?...
  8. Edge is default but things open in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is default but things open in IE: Hi. I'm using W10 and have Edge as the default browser (I also use Chrome and Firefox). Some programs are automatically opening in Internet Explorer such as when I open Google+ photos or when software updates and shows what has changed on its website. Any ideas how to change...
  9. Is Edge REALLY supposed to be the shape of things to come?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Edge REALLY supposed to be the shape of things to come?: and replace browsers like Firefox? I'm the first to admit I'm an old troglodyte, and I WANT to make my tools work the way I WANT TO, but... Yes, it runs, but where's the ability to significantly customize it? Move the tab bars? Tell it what I want to show up in new...
  10. Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!: 1) When I open a new tab (in Edge) theres a very good chance I know what website I want to go to so why don't you make the url box viewable by default when you open a new tab? Why do I need to click the empty space to make the url box open? Whats the advantage of doing this?...