Windows 10: Do we need to download a new version of Egdge as it has vanished from the Taskbar ?

Discus and support Do we need to download a new version of Egdge as it has vanished from the Taskbar ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following our earlier problem with EDGE continuing to start with the Privacy statement in French / Is it necessary to reinstall a new version as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elaine BHamer, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Do we need to download a new version of Egdge as it has vanished from the Taskbar ?

Following our earlier problem with EDGE continuing to start with the Privacy statement in French / Is it necessary to reinstall a new version as it is no longer on the Taskbar .Sorry for being a nuisance but I am somewhat handicapped with vision problems having now reached Eighty Three years of age with diabetic retinopathy.

:)

Elaine BHamer, Jun 19, 2021

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Steve-559 Win User
    Problem With Vanishing Taskbar

I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop and have just created a user without any problems.

I have encountered what, to me, is rather a strange problem. If I log out of user and into admin when I go back to user, without rebooting the system, the admin taskbar icons have vanished. It would prove rather cumbersome to have to replace the taskbar
    icons every time I went to admin for a task.

Rebooting the OS restores the icons to the taskbar, but this not a solution.

What is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Steve-559, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Do we need to download a new version of Egdge as it has vanished from the Taskbar ?

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Do we need to download a new version of Egdge as it has vanished from the Taskbar ?

1. Do we need to download a new version of Egdge as it has vanished from the Taskbar ? - Similar Threads - need download version

2. Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...: We are trying to login to a BRAND new computer THAT WE STARTED TO SET UP. WE are unable or cannot sign in as a message pops up “oops something went wrong or “Violation of terms and conditions OR THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. The NEW COMPUTER Lenova Flex7i Evo Platform...
  3. Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...: We are trying to login to a BRAND new computer THAT WE STARTED TO SET UP. WE are unable or cannot sign in as a message pops up “oops something went wrong or “Violation of terms and conditions OR THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. The NEW COMPUTER Lenova Flex7i Evo Platform...
  4. The menu we get from right click on taskbar search results vanishes quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The menu we get from right click on taskbar search results vanishes quickly: Hi everyone,Recently I am having a weird problem with my windows. I have an HP Probook with windows 10 and I have been using this for about 6 years now.My problems started recently with the page up button. When I start the laptop the page up button is automatically pressed. I...
  5. The menu we get from right click on taskbar search results vanishes quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The menu we get from right click on taskbar search results vanishes quickly: Hi everyone,Recently I am having a weird problem with my windows. I have an HP Probook with windows 10 and I have been using this for about 6 years now.My problems started recently with the page up button. When I start the laptop the page up button is automatically pressed. I...
  6. The menu we get from right click on taskbar search results vanishes quickly

in Cortana
  7. Start box vanished from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start box vanished from Taskbar: Can anyone. please, help me to recover it? 21H1 182843
  8. Vanishing taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vanishing taskbar: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, this problem has plagued me from the very start. Sometimes the taskbar will completely vanish and refuse to show up if I move the mouse curser below the screen. It happens quite often when maximizing windows. Is there a way to fix this?...
  9. Devices icon has vanished from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices icon has vanished from Taskbar: My Taskbar no longer has the devices icon, the one which allows you to 'safely remove a device' such as a USB drive. I have no idea what happened to it. I hoped re-booting might bring it back but it has not. How do I recover it?*Eek 25564
  10. Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display: Hello. I recently upgraded my cables from VGA to DVI, and was playing around with monitor resolutions. Somehow, on my left display, the taskbar has disappeared, and I don't know how to get it back. Any suggestions? (NOTE: Changing the main display doesn't work, and neither...