Windows 10: Do we need to keep system protection on for system reserved partition

Discus and support Do we need to keep system protection on for system reserved partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have kept the system protection on for my OS Drive i.e C drive. In case something bad happen, I can restore to earlier restore point.My query is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sam9, May 15, 2021.

1. sam9 Win User

Do we need to keep system protection on for system reserved partition

I have kept the system protection on for my OS Drive i.e C drive. In case something bad happen, I can restore to earlier restore point.My query is that should I keep the system protection on for system reserved partition also. This is for the knowledge purpose, otherwise I am already having Macrium Reflect.

:)

2. Anthony Gal, May 15, 2021
  3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, May 15, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Win7 System Reserved Partition Full

Isn't that what the system reserved partition is ? Or is it just a backup incase the windows boot files get corrupt?

Johan45, May 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Do we need to keep system protection on for system reserved partition - Similar Threads - need keep system

2. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition": [ATTACH] "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" I am getting this error when I try to update windows. Here's a screenshot of my drives. I have windows installed on disk 3, which is my C drive. For some reason on disk management, it shows that the system...
  3. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition"

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition": [ATTACH] I'm currently trying to update to Windows 10 using Microsoft's media tool on their website. It gets to a certain point then gives me the below error message: Upgrade error message I've briefly messed around in the partitions before when I bought an SSD to...
  4. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition"

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition": I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Basic to Windows 10 Pro from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 My system is set up with GPT. This seems to be a significant issue because most solutions online only work for MBR. After I go through the...
  5. we couldn't update the system reserved partition

we couldn't update the system reserved partition: Trying to download Windows 10 (I have Windows 7) here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I go through that DL process and it shoots an error message: "we couldn't update the system reserved partition" and I find this is a pretty common error message...
  6. We couldn't update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't update the system reserved partition: I have windows updates that I cannot run. The problem seems to be a space one. Disk 0 is a clone of Disk 1. When I did a search I have found several articles explaining how to expand the partition, but I do not seem to have one to expand. I am thinking it is the D: drive...
  7. we could'nt update the system reserved partition.

we could'nt update the system reserved partition.: Error message "We could'nt update the system reserved partition" after running Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-update-the-system-reserved-partition/97a17595-6890-4613-9392-19f51f90a9d5
  8. We couldn't update the system reserved partition

We couldn't update the system reserved partition: The update automatically tries to install but I keep getting this. It says Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system reserved partition. Several times I got error code: 8000FFFF. I'm trying to update a Dell Optiplex 780 with Windows 7 Pro. SP1 9956
  9. We can't update the system reserve partition

We can't update the system reserve partition: Every time I try to update and install windows 10 I get this error. It seems as if my reserve partition is too small to download windows 10. How would I go about fixing this issue. I have had a dual boot of linux in the past but got rid of it months ago. 14707
  10. We couldn't update the system reserved partition

We couldn't update the system reserved partition: I have googled this issue a lot and I see a lot of things that can be done but I some are not working. My partitions look different so its a little strange. When I try to upgrade to 10, I get the error message "We couldn't update the system partition". I had an older SSD that...