Windows 10: Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender?

Discus and support Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? I have been using BitDefender Total Security (v2019), but GBP 70.00 seems expensive. Plus I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ship69, Sep 5, 2019.

1. ship69 Win User

Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender?

Hello

Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software?

I have been using BitDefender Total Security (v2019), but GBP 70.00 seems expensive. Plus I am wondering how much it slows my PC down...

J

:)

ship69, Sep 5, 2019
  2. SoFine409 Win User

Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Hi Tsw88. While you will see that everyone has their favorite antivirus software, one especially effective step that you can take, in addition to antivirus software, is to make frequent backup images and store them off line so that if you are the victim of ransomware or virus that you will be able to restore your PC from the backup. Many people here use Macrium Reflect either the paid or free version and store the images on a NAS or a USB drive. This will also protect you from bad updates or accidental loss of files. If you don't already do this you really should look into this.

SoFine409, Sep 5, 2019
  3. McAffee and Emsisoft Anti Malware

I personally use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and IMO it is far better than McAfee...

If you decide to use Emsisoft, please make sure to fully uninstall McAfee with the help of their specific removal tool from this List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    before you install Emsisoft.

Suggestion to read:

FYI:

I've asked a moderator to remove the best buy link in your post. If you want to buy Emsisoft Anti Malware then it's best to go directly to their site: emsisoft.com

Jsssssssss, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender?

Malwarebytes anti malware & PANDA anti virus software

I recently purchased Malwarebytes anti malware & PANDA anti virus software. As part of the process Microsoft Windows Defender was disabled.

Is my computer still adequately protected ?

DuncanCole1, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender?

1. Do we really need anti-virus/anti-malware software? e.g. BitDefender? - Similar Threads - really need anti

2. Do anti virus and anti malware programs do the same thing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do anti virus and anti malware programs do the same thing?: I've read in the past that one shouldn't run more than one anti viral app at a time to avoid slowing down my desktop or run into conflicts. I've been running Webroot SecureAnywhere simultaneously with MalwareBytes Premium going with the theory that they do different things....
  3. Anti Virus Software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anti Virus Software: Hi, Do I need to renew my Norton's 360 subscription if Windows 10 now has an upgraded Windows Defender built in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/a3942b28-92aa-409f-adcb-ec13fc5bbb94
  4. anti-virus software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anti-virus software?: I am using a mac right now. I am thinking of getting a windows laptop. Mac's specs are fairly bad. The last time I had a windows laptop I had a lot of viruses. How's your situation with current anti-virus software? I use sites like putlocker, and sometimes use torrents....
  5. ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE

ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE: IF I HAVE WINDOWS 10, DO I NEED TO SUBSCRIBE TO ADDITIONAL ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE SUCH AS MCAFEE OR NORTON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/c2f34cf1-977f-41bb-a59c-93aa92349426
  6. anti virus malware

anti virus malware: what is the best anti virus malware product to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-malware/071e19f9-9d23-4806-8462-06b6fc936657"
  7. Anti virus software

Anti virus software: I have just bought the complete Windows package and wonder whether this includes anti virus software or do i need to buy this separately ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-software/33a126e6-72c0-4759-940a-f1e8017c6bb8
  8. Anti-virus Software!

Anti-virus Software!: I am looking anti-virus software for for Microsoft Windows10 something light! I had Norton 360 is expired and I think it was too heavy for for windows 10. Any suggestions ?...
  9. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb
  10. Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Anti-virus and Anti-malware??: 1. Do I need a particular anti-malware software , in addition to Anti-virus? 2. Is the paid version of Avast good and sufficient enough to reduce risks? 3. Is "malware" a collective term that includes ransomware, adware, spyware ...... or are they all different things...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 do i need security