Windows 10: Do Windows 10 proxy settings affect all apps and browsers?

Discus and support Do Windows 10 proxy settings affect all apps and browsers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Do the proxy settings in Windows 10 Settings app affect all applications and browsers? Or just Edge?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chrispy, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Chrispy Win User

Do Windows 10 proxy settings affect all apps and browsers?

Do the proxy settings in Windows 10 Settings app affect all applications and browsers? Or just Edge?

:)

Chrispy, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Mark7805 Win User

Forced proxy settings

Is there anyway to disable forced internet settings?

When I try and remove the settings they come right back after I close and reopen

My firefox runs fine but many apps on my computer are WRECKed right now. Steam for example I can't update my games or use the built in browser. Friends list still seems to stay up to date, but avatars aren't generated.

I can't access my LAN settings for proxies either.

I want to fix this without reformatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark7805, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Do Windows 10 proxy settings affect all apps and browsers? [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. Do Windows 10 proxy settings affect all apps and browsers?

Which is the correct setting for Manual proxy setup?

Great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue when using Microsoft Edge. That is correct, by default the proxy settings are disabled unless you need it for a VPN or a specific application. As long as it does not affect the normal usage of your computer
    then it is ok to leave the setting as is. If you want to disable the proxy settings and stop it from automatically turning on, we suggest you follow the below steps to disable Proxy on Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app and then navigate to option
      Network & Internet then select Proxy.
    • Toggle the option Automatically detect settings to
      ON
    • Toggle the option Use a proxy server to OFF.

If the issue persists, kindly follow the steps on this
    link
    to reset the Internet Explorer settings and then try to disable the Proxy in Internet Explorer.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Do Windows 10 proxy settings affect all apps and browsers?

1. Do Windows 10 proxy settings affect all apps and browsers? - Similar Threads - proxy settings affect

2. All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.: Ever since the most recent update to Windows I've been experiencing extremely slow page load times on Chrome, Firefox and Edge. What I find most interesting is that when I load my Linux VM on the same Windows machine, Firefox in the VM loads at normal speeds,I've cleared my...
  3. All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All browsers slow after update, not affecting VM.: Ever since the most recent update to Windows I've been experiencing extremely slow page load times on Chrome, Firefox and Edge. What I find most interesting is that when I load my Linux VM on the same Windows machine, Firefox in the VM loads at normal speeds,I've cleared my...
  4. How to set proxy for Mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set proxy for Mail app?: I cannot find a setting in the Mail app to configure a proxy server. Does it support sending and receiving emails using a proxy? How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-proxy-for-mail-app/035bbfdf-f367-495c-861c-2c34ef79afa5
  5. How to set proxy for Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set proxy for Mail app?: I cannot find a setting in the Mail app to configure a proxy server. Does it support sending and receiving emails using a proxy? How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-proxy-for-mail-app/035bbfdf-f367-495c-861c-2c34ef79afa5
  6. Windows 10 Resolving host issue affecting all browsers but Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Resolving host issue affecting all browsers but Opera: This is an chestnut that I know has seen many posts here, but having read some I am still bothered by this vexing issue. Every so often when I am using Chrome on my Windows 10 Version 1909 PC, Chrome freezes and displays message "Resolving host". At the same time, browsers...
  7. Adware in Browser and Proxy I didn't set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware in Browser and Proxy I didn't set up: The option "Use a proxy server" (Network & Internet -> Proxy) turns on automatically then i get shown ads on google.com (after the search) that aren't actually from google, but from https://search.becovi.com/. After I delete the Proxy Adress (127.0.0.1), Port (8003) and...
  8. Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App: Hi We have lot of different computers and laptops in our school that might require from time to time to be used for examinations. In this regard we have one common user "Exam-User" that logs into any of the devices in the school based on availablity. The internet, when...
  9. edge browser affected by uninstalling apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    edge browser affected by uninstalling apps: The edge browser works great! then a few apps like "my office," Avast," ect, are uninstalled. Microsoft edge now will not load in a timely manner. The edge browser has been reset and continues to lag. This is a specific issue which continues to occur when uninstalling these...
  10. Windows 10 will not save proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not save proxy settings: Hi all, Earlier today I got my proxy all set up in the Windows settings. Everything was working splendid. Later I tried installing ProxySwitcher but decided I didn't want to pay for the full version; ended up uninstalling. Now when I enter my proxy settings into windows and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to exclude some apps from windows proxy