Windows 10: Do Windows Store apps leave junk files after uninstallation?

Discus and support Do Windows Store apps leave junk files after uninstallation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not asking just about UWP apps but also the desktop applications in the store. submitted by /u/roamingoninternet [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/roamingoninternet, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Do Windows Store apps leave junk files after uninstallation?

/u/roamingoninternet, Oct 30, 2019
  2. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Needs a Better App Uninstaller, Users Claim

Source

labeeman, Oct 30, 2019
  3. sargan Win User
    Uninstall leaving componenets behind

I followed the remove junk files steps here:
    Clean out junk files in Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 | The Download Blog - CNET Download.com
    Plus then run CCCleaner and elected to remove
    Internet files, Temp files, Memory dumps, Log files

As mentioned I am happy the way my C:\ is at the moment and having just reinstalled all my programs onto D:\ I'm going to leave them there until I change SSD. (and/or do a W10 clean install)

The printer issue is what I need to resolve.

sargan, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Do Windows Store apps leave junk files after uninstallation?

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Do Windows Store apps leave junk files after uninstallation?

1. Do Windows Store apps leave junk files after uninstallation? - Similar Threads - Store apps leave

2. Junk files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Junk files: Have 8.1 and very slow. Need to delete junk files, etc., but there's a warning not to click on "disk cleaner". Must have a free tool. I need advice for what I do now? Keep in mind that I'm not very techy. Thanks....
  3. Do UWP apps leave residuals after uninstall?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Do UWP apps leave residuals after uninstall?: Win32 application leaves a lot of temp, logs, and unused registry after uninstalling. Do uwp appds behave that way too? If uwp apps do leave the residuals, how to clean them without installing other application?...
  4. Do UWP apps leave residuals after uninstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do UWP apps leave residuals after uninstall?: Win32 application leaves a lot of temp, logs, and unused registry after uninstalling. Do uwp appds behave that way too? If uwp apps do leave the residuals, how to clean them without installing other application?...
  5. Do UWP apps leave residuals after uninstall?

6. Junk files

Junk files: Why these files are on my laptop? I don't even have any software of adobe installed. not even adobe reader. is it safe to delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-files/8833adc4-0d3c-491b-9abe-3fcd05484fd8
  7. Junk files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Junk files: Why these files are on my laptop? I don't even have any software of adobe installed. not even adobe reader. is it safe to delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-files/8833adc4-0d3c-491b-9abe-3fcd05484fd8
  8. Cortana = disgusting how do I uninstall this junk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cortana = disgusting how do I uninstall this junk?: I find it truly sickening that, in a time of high online privacy concerns, Microsoft decides to install spyware on my WORK computer, completely without my consent. I was looking around online for ways to uninstall it, but sites warn that tampering with the Windows registry...
  9. Store apps data/configuration files after uninstall?

Store apps data/configuration files after uninstall?: When uninstalling store apps, will this also remove any data/configuration files associated with the app? The reason I ask, I had a working Twitch app, Unstream. Lately this app only partially works, I can open streams from the notification but launching Unstream from the...
  10. junk file

in Windows 10 Support
    junk file: I have an email account with g mail also with outlook now in outlook when i finished with mail it goes to my junk folder , but i have no junk folder on gmail is this o k 99243

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 apps leaving large files behind