Windows 10: Do Windows updates affect email services?

Discus and support Do Windows updates affect email services? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Do Windows updates affect email service?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carol H.Case, May 3, 2020.

1. Do Windows updates affect email services?

Do Windows updates affect email service?

:)

Carol H.Case, May 3, 2020

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, May 3, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 3, 2020
  4. Do Windows updates affect email services?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Do Windows updates affect email services?

1. Do Windows updates affect email services? - Similar Threads - updates affect email

2. Is Game Bar affected by Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Game Bar affected by Windows updates?: A couple days ago to a week, the Game Bar was not opening or responding when trying to capture clips of gameplay, nor was it opening when trying to open the application. I have hit the Windows Key + Alt + G to save a capture, but the notification hasn't popped up on my...
  3. Windows updates for windows 11 and 10 affecting Cisco AnyConnect version 4.10 services to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates for windows 11 and 10 affecting Cisco AnyConnect version 4.10 services to...: We did push the window updates and one of the third party application stopped working as usual. It has four modules and the services are set to start/run automatically. However, that's not the case right now since the services stopped running automatically.Below is analysis...
  4. Windows updates for windows 11 and 10 affecting Cisco AnyConnect version 4.10 services to...

Windows updates for windows 11 and 10 affecting Cisco AnyConnect version 4.10 services to...: We did push the window updates and one of the third party application stopped working as usual. It has four modules and the services are set to start/run automatically. However, that's not the case right now since the services stopped running automatically.Below is analysis...
  5. Changing Windows Email Without affecting data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows Email Without affecting data: I had signed into Windows 10 in my outlook mail. But it had some problem so I made another outlook mail.I wanted to sign into Windows 10 with my new mail without affecting any data.Is there a way?In my Setting < Info It is showing like this.....
  6. Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware: Multiple computers on my home network have been infected by an Android Chinese TV Streaming device owned by someone who refuses to get rid of it. It is causing my Device Association Service to take up 25% CPU on one of my computers until I forcefully terminate it every time...
  7. Update Orchestrator Service (USOsvc) affecting auto SLEEP mode function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update Orchestrator Service (USOsvc) affecting auto SLEEP mode function: Greetings All, Just recently, I noticed that my PC was had stopped going to sleep automatically. It was working fine for several days, just after I performed a clean install of v1909, and KB4524570 Cumulative Update. I found the culprit by running the PowerShell command:...
  8. Windows 10 Email service

Windows 10 Email service: It all the sudden maximizes itself. Often. Even when I'm actively using another app. And at the same time, the computer has started to sleep. Even when I'm actively using it. Which is the real problem. It does not seem to sleep as often if I leave the mail app open....
  9. Windows 10 (updates) affecting work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 (updates) affecting work: As a graphic artist and 3D animator I often have to leave my pc on to render sequences overnight. Windows 10, "in all its wisdom", frequently reboots my machine to install updates against my better wishes. Last night it rebooted during a particularly important render which...
  10. email service

in Browsers and Email
    email service: I've been using MS Office Outlook for my email service for quite some time. I'd like to change but I don't want to go to Gmail. Has anyone used Outlook.com and if do how do you like it? Or is there any other service that someone could recommend? Thanks 39546