Windows 10: Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech?

Discus and support Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am going to try using Windows dictation to write articles. In my writings I often have to mix two different languages. I would like to know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AsiaOnstage, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech?

I am going to try using Windows dictation to write articles. In my writings I often have to mix two different languages. I would like to know if Windows dictation recognizes the second language in the speech and transcribes it correctly.

My question does not fall under any of the defined topics. As such I just picked windows settings. I know it does not fit the topic.

:)

AsiaOnstage, Jan 31, 2021

2. what is the difference between garage dictate and Windows 10 speech recognition?

Hi,

Windows Speech Recognition is a speech recognition component developed by
    Microsoft that enables the use of voice commands to perform operations, such as the dictation of text, within applications and the operating system itself.

Garage Dictate is pretty much the same with Speech Recognition. It uses your voice to type when you are tired.
    Dictate is an Office add-in for Windows Outlook, Word and PowerPoint that converts speech to text using the state-of-the-art speech recognition behind Cortana and Microsoft Translator.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Speech recognition errors

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query regarding speech recognition on the software you are using for Speech Recognizer. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How many language packs are installed and enabled on your computer and what are they?

• Does this happen with all the language packs in the computer?

• What are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

• Did you try any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    The issue might be due to settings on your computer. Let’s refer to the following suggestion and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps and check the issue status.

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Open Control Panel then Speech Recognition Options.

• In the upper right of the Speech Recognition Option window click
      Advanced Speech Options.

• Remove the checkmark next to, ‘Allow computer to review your documents’.

• Click Apply and click OK
    Refer below article to Use Speech Recognition:

Voice recognition in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-voice-recognition-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 31, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech?

Voice recognition doesn't work (Windows 10)

Try the Voice Recorder app- can you record your voice and play it back?

What happens if you say 'Open Wordpad' using Speech Recognition? Screenshot..

Which exact model of HP 15?

Training: post a screenshot of what you see:

Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech? [​IMG]

- note the step-wise progress of the green bar on mine.

Try Win key + H, and open e.g. Mail
    Enable dictation, and see if you can dictate to Mail.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech?

1. Do Windows voice recognition and dictation allow mixing two different languages in the speech? - Similar Threads - voice recognition dictation

2. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  3. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  4. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  5. voice recognition dictation

voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  6. Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition: Hello,We're having issues with random users not being able to use Windows Dictation Windows + H keyboard shortcut - it doesn't report an error, it acts as though it is listening, but it does not translate speech to text.Oddly enough, Speech Recognition as well as all other...
  7. Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition

Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition: Hello,We're having issues with random users not being able to use Windows Dictation Windows + H keyboard shortcut - it doesn't report an error, it acts as though it is listening, but it does not translate speech to text.Oddly enough, Speech Recognition as well as all other...
  8. How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I allow voice dictation/recognition to detect PC audio?: I would like the "Dictate" tool on Word to detect audio coming from my computer so I can record my Professor during Zoom classes. Is this possible? As of right now, it only detects non-PC audio. submitted by /u/Wolf-Larsen16 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Cortana
    Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: When using speech recognition/dictation, it turns off stops listening, every time I start a new line or new paragraph. In other words, when your trying to dictate a document, it stops listening shuts off every time you start a new line or new paragraph. Then, you have to...
  10. marathi language text to speech and voice recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    marathi language text to speech and voice recognition: TTS text to speech for Marathi Is it possible to use text to speech for Indian language like Marathi and can we use voice input for the same with windows voice recognition....