Windows 10: do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909

Discus and support do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I wish to know, if you have to download all updates, or only some, before you can update to new major version like 1909. Because there are some bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by empleat, Nov 28, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909

I wish to know, if you have to download all updates, or only some, before you can update to new major version like 1909. Because there are some bad updates, i use wutm wrapper script and i would rather choose manually.
    Thanks for reply do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909 :)

:)

empleat, Nov 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update 1909

Hey,

I've just clean installed windows 10. It is build 1803.

Today awesome 1909 have launched. I want to update to 1909 but in settings it is showing me option to upgrade to 1809. My friend told me I have to upgrade to 1809, then 1903 and then finally 1909.

I want to directly upgrade to 1909 without going through intermediate steps. How can I do this?

Sarthak Purohit, Nov 28, 2019
  4. do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909

error 0x800f0831 update 1909 will not download feature update

Hi Keith,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Try updating to 1909 using Media Creation tool and if it fails let us know.

The fastest way to get the upgrade is through Media creation tool or ISO file.

Please download Media Creation Tool from the link below and select Upgrade this PC at the first screen.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

All steps, including upgrading using ISO file and Media creation tool, are covered here:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2019/11/update...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909

1. do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909 - Similar Threads - download updates before

2. “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”: “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin” It says this on my sign in screen for my personal computer and I don’t remember setting up a pin and I can’t unlock the computer at all. I need help getting passed this screen to set up pin....
  3. “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”: “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin” It says this on my sign in screen for my personal computer and I don’t remember setting up a pin and I can’t unlock the computer at all. I need help getting passed this screen to set up pin....
  4. before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin: At the startup lock screen, I get the message "before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin"The PIN is already set up, and I have tried all the solutions I could find here and searching the WEB. None work.Massively annoying and this laptop is going to a...
  5. Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this!: Windows 10 20H2 has issues with nVidia graphics cards. Freezing, blue screen, black screen, windows update not working, icons unclickable, shurtdown or restart getting hung up are all related to nVidia and 20H2 not playing nicely. Driver updates will not help. If you are...
  6. Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update

Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update: I have an hp pavilion laptop Until around 2018 I had been receiving all of the updates automatically then they stopped. I didn't notice right away because I'm notconstantly on my computer. My computer came with windows 10 home already installed. I have been getting...
  7. Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909?

Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909?: Today I decided to take my PC off Pause. First I Checked for Updates. Second I installed Cumulative Update Framework. Third I restarted after it installed. Then I downloaded and Installed the Feature Update. Took less then 10 minutes to complete the process successfully....
  8. You need to format the disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You need to format the disk before you can use it: Hello, I have this problem where when I try to access a drive it says You need to format the disk before you can use and it has format disk and cancel options to click, Any solutions would be appreciated. The drive isnt removable either....
  9. Can you do this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you do this?: Last night windows 10 stopped me from being able to sign in and this means i can no longer user my computer. Has anyone got a way that you can get to the trouble shoot without having to sign in? Also if not then can you find out what email i used for windows 10 as it only...
  10. When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?

When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?: I have an original win 7 disk. I remember to I can't remember if I used it to upgrade to 8.1 or I bought it full version. I know I did it from the store. Then 8.1 I got the free upgrade to 10. I am thinking to install 7 on a laptop. Is there a way to know if my original...