Windows 10: Do you need a dedicated hard drive for disk images?

Discus and support Do you need a dedicated hard drive for disk images? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to do a factory reset on my computer, and I'm creating a disk image just in case it goes poorly; however if it succeeds, I still need a place to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DevonJeremy, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Do you need a dedicated hard drive for disk images?

I want to do a factory reset on my computer, and I'm creating a disk image just in case it goes poorly; however if it succeeds, I still need a place to store my personal files so I can put them back on my computer. It would save me a lot of time and money if I can put them both on the same hard drive, but I'm worried my computer won't be able to use the image if the hard drive contains other things. Is this the case?

:)

DevonJeremy, Dec 24, 2019

2. How can I delete "\\?\Volume{...}" Hard disk drive.

A mysterious Hard disk drive appeared in the list of drives to defragment. I have read that they are not harmful, but I do not want unnecessary drives on my computer. Can anyone give me a step by step process for removing one of these drives? I have included
    a screenshot.

Do you need a dedicated hard drive for disk images? db7086ae-9b88-45f5-8078-a5bed78252f9.png

Pro Milkman, Dec 24, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Do you need a dedicated hard drive for disk images?

How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Do you need a dedicated hard drive for disk images?

1. Do you need a dedicated hard drive for disk images? - Similar Threads - need dedicated hard

2. NEED reverse image search for HARD DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEED reverse image search for HARD DRIVE!: I am sending a copy of this note to both Google and Microsoft. I'm curious to see who will correct the problem first. Something both Windows and Chromebook need, and need badly--a reverse image search THAT WORKS ON THE HARD DRIVE!It's very handy to be able to find matching...
  3. NEED reverse image search for HARD DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEED reverse image search for HARD DRIVE!: I am sending a copy of this note to both Google and Microsoft. I'm curious to see who will correct the problem first. Something both Windows and Chromebook need, and need badly--a reverse image search THAT WORKS ON THE HARD DRIVE!It's very handy to be able to find matching...
  4. NEED reverse image search for HARD DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. NEED reverse image search for HARD DRIVE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. NEED reverse image search for HARD DRIVE!

7. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  8. Hard Drive Disk Image File

Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  9. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Do you still need a dedicated "Windows 10" Drive in 2020?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do you still need a dedicated "Windows 10" Drive in 2020?: Windows can basically reinstall itself without needing to format the drives in question, it can even keep files in documents and similar folders. What's the point of a dedicated drive anymore? submitted by /u/trebron55 [link] [comments]...