Windows 10: Do you need a password to enter windows 10

Discus and support Do you need a password to enter windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have Windows 10 and it appears to require a password for each user. I would prefer to have a "guest user" that does not have administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RayReilly, Apr 6, 2019.

1. RayReilly Win User

Do you need a password to enter windows 10

I currently have Windows 10 and it appears to require a password for each user. I would prefer to have a "guest user" that does not have administrator rights but not require a password. Today I should receive my new computer loaded with Windows 10 Pro. Will password requirements be the same?

:)

RayReilly, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Do you need a password to enter windows 10 - Similar Threads - need password enter

2. Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  3. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  4. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  5. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Why do you need admin to add a password to a file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do you need admin to add a password to a file?: Why do you need admin privilages to add a password to a file?I am not an admin on my computer and when I password-protect a file it says I need admin.There's no point in having a password if you can't make one unless you are an admin.Microsoft NEEDS to update this on all...
  7. Why do you need admin to add a password to a file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do you need admin to add a password to a file?: Why do you need admin privilages to add a password to a file?I am not an admin on my computer and when I password-protect a file it says I need admin.There's no point in having a password if you can't make one unless you are an admin.Microsoft NEEDS to update this on all...
  8. The password you entered for your device is incorrect

The password you entered for your device is incorrect: My hard drive failed and had to get a new one with a fresh install of Windows 10. When I try logging into my Microsoft account it has me enter the user ID then password then asks for my current password again... Every time it gives me the error "The password you entered for...
  9. Needing a password to enter f12 setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Needing a password to enter f12 setup: Hi! A couple of months ago my computer automatically did a Windows 10 update, something happened, it never updated and now is on a continual loop trying to restart to a previous version. When I press f12, I am asked for a password. I don't have one! I can't get into setup at...
  10. "You can log in to this account without entering a password"

"You can log in to this account without entering a password": On December 7, 2018, after I upgraded to version 1803 on Windows 10 Professional (OS build 17134.472), this phrase pops up on the Welcome Screen even though there is a password box: "You can log in to this account without entering a password." All you have to do is click...