Windows 10: Do you need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10?

Discus and support Do you need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Do you need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10? The short answer is no. You don’t need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10. It is entirely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 28, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Do you need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10?

WinClub, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Installing Windows 7 in UEFI Issues

Update: I just upgraded to Windows 10 (installed with UEFI USB) and I had to enable Hot Plug on the ports that my drives are connected to for Windows to recognize them.

Flava0ne, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Do you need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10? - Similar Threads - need enable UEFI

2. How do you enable this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you enable this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mejorqvos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1aq2fmm/how_do_you_enable_this/
  3. virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows: Hi I'm trying to use the new WSL2 in windows 10 update 2004. Unfortunately I cannot install any linux distro or hyper-v because windows thinks my cpu does not support virtualization. Intel virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi. system specs: x299 board with intel...
  4. How do i install Windows 10 Pro with Secure boot enabled UEFI ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i install Windows 10 Pro with Secure boot enabled UEFI ?: Hello just bought new freedos Laptop how do I install Windows 10 from a USB stick and install it with secure boot and EFI turned on? when i turn off the laptop and turn on again winload.efi. Error code: 0xc000000e. You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation...
  5. Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?: Hi all, I have read that if I pre-partionate my SSD before the OS install (in another computer or with command prompt (diskpart) by pressing SHIFT+F10 at the region/language selection window of the installer), it won't create automatically the 3 UEFI related partitions...
  6. How do you enable V.T?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you enable V.T?: When i tried activating V.T. (virtualization technology) via BIOS i got blue screen of death aka a stop error and the only way i was able to fix it was by disabling it, please help me fix this. Product No: C7R68UC#ABA Serial No: 2UA3100TS1...
  7. Do you need a password to enter windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do you need a password to enter windows 10: I currently have Windows 10 and it appears to require a password for each user. I would prefer to have a "guest user" that does not have administrator rights but not require a password. Today I should receive my new computer loaded with Windows 10 Pro. Will password...
  8. UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?: Just a quick question. I have enabled BitLocker with TPM-Only protector and was just wondering if I need to set an Admin BIOS/UEFI password to prevent someone from changing the UEFI settings. I also have Secure Boot enabled as well along with the following BitLocker...
  9. How do you enable smb on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you enable smb on windows 10?: How do you enable smb 2 or 3 on Windows 10? 70952
  10. UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?: So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in windows 10? Is not much of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uefi issues windows 10

2. uefi secure boot windows 10

3. does windows 10 use uefi