Windows 10: Do you recommend this portable drive?

Discus and support Do you recommend this portable drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; https://www.amazon.com/Encrypted-Por...-2-spons&psc=1 A physical encrypted portable hard drive. Is anyone using this? I once bought a portable drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsw88, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Do you recommend this portable drive?

https://www.amazon.com/Encrypted-Por...-2-spons&psc=1

A physical encrypted portable hard drive.
    Is anyone using this?
    I once bought a portable drive (I forget the brand) otherwise than Seagate or WD the quality was so awful that the transfer speed was like 5MB /s with USB 3.0 and I heard strange reading noise from the hard drive when transferring files....

:)

Tsw88, Mar 26, 2019

2. Toshiba HDTD210XS3e1 Canvio Slim II Portable Hard Drive 1tb.

Hi David,

You may be experiencing the problem regarding your portable hard drive due to a compatibility issue. To resolve that, we suggest that you completely uninstall the drivers for the device and restart your computer. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver
    after doing that. To uninstall the drivers, refer to the following steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the driver that needs to be uninstalled, then choose Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab, then select Uninstall.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you roll the driver back to its previous version. To do that, you can follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the driver that needs to be rolled back, then choose Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab, then select Roll Back Driver.

Update us if the information above addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Captain Win User
    Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

Ello Folks!
    Looking to get the Portable Hard-drive thats right for me.
    I want to mainly keep documents on this and some other stuff.
    Like pictures but not a ton. Mainly documents in PDF format.
    I want this mainly to keep all my licensing and regulatory stuff all in one area.
    Trust me... the Coast Guard has enough PDF's to bury you in!

I'm not picky; but a few musts!
    • At least 1TB or more.
    • Slim/compact able to take safety on the go.
    • Security of some kind to prevent on authorized access.
    • Something that will last a long time.

Let the recommendations begin!

--------------------------------------------------------
    TO: admin:
    If this should be; in another spot, let me know.

Captain, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Do you recommend this portable drive?

Portable drive recognisition

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to connected the portable drive as it is not recognized after upgrade to Windows 10.

Please try the below and be informed us with the result:

• Have you tried to connect the drive to different ports and check?
    • Are you able to see if the drive is being detected by the device or not?
    • Have you connected this drive to any other computer and check?
    • Have you tried to connect different drive to this device to different ports and check?

Also, Please try to install all the Windows Updates on Windows 10 and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Microsoft Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install all the pending updates.

Please do the above to detect the issue is with the device or driver and updates us the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Do you recommend this portable drive?

1. Do you recommend this portable drive? - Similar Threads - recommend portable drive

2. Do you recommend linux after win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you recommend linux after win 10: Say yes or no and you can also say reason why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-recommend-linux-after-win-10/afa6bf71-696c-42cf-b7ac-b0cff7c263df
  3. Do you recommend linux after win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you recommend linux after win 10: Say yes or no and you can also say reason why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-recommend-linux-after-win-10/afa6bf71-696c-42cf-b7ac-b0cff7c263df
  4. What do you think of these recommended apps?

What do you think of these recommended apps?: I've taken the recommendations I've collected from several articles and forums across the internets and submitted them to various websites for reactions. As is typical for the internet, not everyone agrees. Below is the current state of the list. Do you have any experience...
  5. Portable hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable hard drive: Someone previously saved my hard drive contents to a portable external drive. That was a year ago, and I want to update what is saved. I don't know how to do that. Help please?...
  6. portable drive

portable drive: portable hard drive not recognize after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-drive/50df189a-2a32-4bb0-97e6-421d82f65bfa
  7. Recommendations For A Portable File Encryption Utility

Recommendations For A Portable File Encryption Utility: Many moons ago in the days of Win XP I used a wonderful small tool called dsCrypt to encrypt individual files: DS Software Sadly, the software is no longer maintained and does not work on any version of Windows above XP. Any recommendations for something similar for Win 10?...
  8. What Android Emulators do you recommend?

What Android Emulators do you recommend?: I would need an Android Emulator, that runs Lollipop or above, and runs decent on "bad" computers (You can check my specs for that). There are a few that I already tried and they failed, sadly they are the only ones that I know of right now. Here they are: - Memu: Really...
  9. Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES: Ello Folks! Looking to get the Portable Hard-drive thats right for me. I want to mainly keep documents on this and some other stuff. Like pictures but not a ton. Mainly documents in PDF format. I want this mainly to keep all my licensing and regulatory stuff all in one...
  10. If you are a developer, Microsoft recommends you do not upgrade...

in Windows 10 News
    If you are a developer, Microsoft recommends you do not upgrade...: Microsoft has released a new build of Windows 10 to Insiders but if you are a developer, the company is saying that you should not update at this time. There are currently a few issues with Visual Studio 2015 that will prevent you from being able to use the software properly....