Windows 10: Do you reformat ssd prior to clean isntall of 10

Discus and support Do you reformat ssd prior to clean isntall of 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there sorry to labour the point -- I think if you do it this way then if the SSD is an MBR disk then you won't get the UEFI boot of W10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trinaz, Dec 8, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Do you reformat ssd prior to clean isntall of 10

You would be mistaken. If the hard drive/SSD has no partitions on it at all, Windows 10 will partition the hard drive/SSD using the partitioning method called for by bios.

Solved Help, Windows 10 Pro not able to create install partition. - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Dec 9, 2015
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Jimbo, LCDR is correct. I have, several times, completely blown away all partitions, thru the install process, and installed Win 10 on an unallocated 1TB TB hdd. I let the install do it's thing, and I always get this:
    Do you reformat ssd prior to clean isntall of 10 [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 9, 2015
  3. *Ditto To the above, UEFI install to a blank drive is no problem. It's also a lot easier to just do it via custom install and disk tools than diskpart. IMHO anyway.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Do you reformat ssd prior to clean isntall of 10

1. Do you reformat ssd prior to clean isntall of 10 - Similar Threads - reformat ssd prior

2. VB6 isntallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VB6 isntallation: Unfortunately, we still have applications in VB6. In order to upgrade them we need to re-write the entire app.We have a license for VB6 but we need the installation.From where we can download it?...
  3. Windows 10 isntallation has failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 isntallation has failed.: hi everybodyim enocountering an issue when installing windows 10I'm upgrading windows 8.1 to windows 10Everything got fine.but later during the installation, when the blue screen comes and a big text "Installing windows 10" appreasat that time, after installation of 73% it...
  4. Problem reformatting external SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem reformatting external SSD: Just got a Samsung T5 portable 2-TB SSD. Ran the included software, moved some files onto it, and went to bed. Realized this AM I'd forgotten to record the password. The files weren't that important, so I thought I'd just reformat the SSD. But Windows reports it will format...
  5. Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10: I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 10. My laptop came with Win 7 and I did the upgrade to Win 10 some time ago but I do not have a product key or an installation disk. As I'm purchasing a new laptop I want to pass my old machine on but want to clean it up before I...
  6. Reformatting SSD and not HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting SSD and not HD: Hello there! I have an MSI Laptop with a 128gb SSD and a 500gb HD. I have windows installed on my SSD and personal files on my HD. But now my SSD is almost full i wish to format it / reinstall windows 10 on it for a fresh start, but without losing the data on my HD. I...
  7. Web Cam reformatting ssd

Web Cam reformatting ssd: How do I go about reformatting the ssd that appears to be write protected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/web-cam-reformatting-ssd/83e985a9-ff37-4b99-ab48-0b4595d3ec3f
  8. wed can reformatting ssd

wed can reformatting ssd: how do I reformat an ssd that seems to be set as write protected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wed-can-reformatting-ssd/9d6ffacf-e8a0-4413-8bf5-fc9fe1d7e1ea
  9. How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

in Browsers and Email
    How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?: Hi, I hope the title says enough, obviously windows 10. How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install? Thanks 112745
  10. can i reformat ssd with cloned image to do clean install instead?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i reformat ssd with cloned image to do clean install instead?: I cloned my HDD to my new SSD and it seems like it did it without error. However, I didn't physically swap them as I needed some guidance about the location of the SSD when doing the first reboot and now 4 days later I have fixed a couple of ongoing issues with my system...