Windows 10: Do you think these W10 visuals work ?

Discus and support Do you think these W10 visuals work ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading. Its all too bland and stark. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

Do you think these W10 visuals work ?

I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading.

Its all too bland and stark. All the visuals imo need softening and a bit of colour adding. System tray in particular.

This shows W8.1 vs the shaded W10.

:)

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  2. J.R.Lauer Win User

Lumia 950 and T-Mobile wifi calling

I have a Lumia 950xl, and I do not have the option for the Wi-fi calling. I have found the app in the store, and it is not supported for W10.

In addition, I am also unable to get Visual Voicemail to work.

J.R.Lauer, Oct 5, 2014
  3. maximdh Win User
    Who do you think you are?

So I am allowed to use MY computer for 12 hours per day? How generous.

Of course i've had set "active hours" previously. And of course it is not solution.

That was first time I disabled winupdate since the dialup era. And for now, this is the only solution.

Also, one **** (and I mean it) changed discussion to question. For what? To get some **** points?

maximdh, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Mooly Win User

Fair comment.

Its not what I would choose if there were a choice though. It may be functional but its also bland and uninteresting.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  6. Mooly Win User
    Thanks *Smile Didn't know I could do that. We are all learning.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  7. Kari Win User
    I like the way Win10 uses shades, it pleases my eyes. I also like very much the new thin borders.

Kari, Oct 5, 2014
  8. strollin Win User

I'm all for functionality over form. As long as the dialog does what it needs to do, I don't pay attention to how it looks. If it was something blatant such as the background vs text having too little contrast to be able to read them easily, that would be a problem. As long as it's functional and I can read it fine, I don't care about colors, borders, etc...

I know, I know, I would never be hired as a gui designer! *Smile

strollin, Oct 5, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    Welcome again to the Modern. It was love at first sight for me back when I first booted 8RP. What a refreshing change. *Smile

I see one can make it what you want. Thanks, Edwin. *Smile

Windows 10 > The most configurable, versatile OS to date.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Do you think these W10 visuals work ? - Similar Threads - W10 visuals

2. Sing-in window outlook, store, account verification blank in W10, freezes in W11

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sing-in window outlook, store, account verification blank in W10, freezes in W11: Hi, I know this isn't the right category, but none of the ones offered fit. I have work and own office 365 profile. I have no problem to log in windows on my desktop W10 and laptop W11. Everywhere in system, where you have to sing-in to your microsoft account outlook,...
  3. Sing-in window outlook, store, account verification blank in W10, freezes in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sing-in window outlook, store, account verification blank in W10, freezes in W11: Hi, I know this isn't the right category, but none of the ones offered fit. I have work and own office 365 profile. I have no problem to log in windows on my desktop W10 and laptop W11. Everywhere in system, where you have to sing-in to your microsoft account outlook,...
  4. Sing-in window outlook, store, account verification blank in W10, freezes in W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i need help with KB5034441 0x80070640 W10 Pro V22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need help with KB5034441 0x80070640 W10 Pro V22H2: I NEED HELP WITH KB5034441 0X80070643 ERROR. I KEEP RCEIVING THIS UPDATE DAILY, I HAVE RECEIVED LATER KB'S & GENERAL UPDATES THAT INSTALL. I HAVE TRIED VARIOUS FIXES THAT WERE ON THE WEB, NONE WORKED. MY PC IS RUNNING W10 PRO V22H2. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCEEMAIL *** Email...
  6. Going back W10 Settings causing flicker to shortcuts/bottom bar icons.(Visual glitch)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Going back W10 Settings causing flicker to shortcuts/bottom bar icons.(Visual glitch): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9eVzshNCNo&feature=youtu.be From what I can tell this visual glitch only seems to effect the bottom bar icons and shortcuts I have on my desktop. Currently on a 3080 (driver 457.51) w10 version 20H2 OS build:19042.804. I think it's a recent...
  7. W10 Home 1903 - Can't Install Visual Studio - How Can I Troubleshoot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Home 1903 - Can't Install Visual Studio - How Can I Troubleshoot?: I'm on Windows 10 Home 1903. I've never had any issues installing programs before, but I can't get the Visual Studio Installer to work. I've tried multiple versions like 2017 and 2019, but none of them work. I go to run the installer, I hit yes to allow changes, and then it...
  8. W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation: Hi, my NTB boots 10x longer after installation of Lightroom 6 program. During installation it also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 10.0.40219 and 2012 11.0.61030 x64 and x86 Redistributable. There were already 2008, 2013 and 2015 versions installed. The Boot log is...
  9. Need Help Changing Fresh W10 Installation Personalization/Visuals

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need Help Changing Fresh W10 Installation Personalization/Visuals: Hello, I have recently installed a fresh copy of W10 on a new PC and everything look and operates differently than my current PC and I don't understand why or how. Maybe it's because my PC was an upgrade from W7 way back, but nevertheless I want to change how this current...
  10. visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?: visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit? I have some programs that use visual basic. 10771