Do you think these W10 visuals work ?

Discus and support Do you think these W10 visuals work ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading. Its all too bland and stark. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading.

Its all too bland and stark. All the visuals imo need softening and a bit of colour adding. System tray in particular.

This shows W8.1 vs the shaded W10.

:)

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  2. J.R.Lauer Win User

Lumia 950 and T-Mobile wifi calling

I have a Lumia 950xl, and I do not have the option for the Wi-fi calling. I have found the app in the store, and it is not supported for W10.

In addition, I am also unable to get Visual Voicemail to work.

J.R.Lauer, Oct 5, 2014
  3. maximdh Win User
    Who do you think you are?

So I am allowed to use MY computer for 12 hours per day? How generous.

Of course i've had set "active hours" previously. And of course it is not solution.

That was first time I disabled winupdate since the dialup era. And for now, this is the only solution.

Also, one **** (and I mean it) changed discussion to question. For what? To get some **** points?

maximdh, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Mooly Win User

Fair comment.

Its not what I would choose if there were a choice though. It may be functional but its also bland and uninteresting.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  6. Mooly Win User
    Thanks *Smile Didn't know I could do that. We are all learning.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  7. Kari Win User
    I like the way Win10 uses shades, it pleases my eyes. I also like very much the new thin borders.

Kari, Oct 5, 2014
  8. strollin Win User

I'm all for functionality over form. As long as the dialog does what it needs to do, I don't pay attention to how it looks. If it was something blatant such as the background vs text having too little contrast to be able to read them easily, that would be a problem. As long as it's functional and I can read it fine, I don't care about colors, borders, etc...

I know, I know, I would never be hired as a gui designer! *Smile

strollin, Oct 5, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    Welcome again to the Modern. It was love at first sight for me back when I first booted 8RP. What a refreshing change. *Smile

I see one can make it what you want. Thanks, Edwin. *Smile

Windows 10 > The most configurable, versatile OS to date.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Do you think these W10 visuals work ? - Similar Threads - W10 visuals

2. Taskbar acting weird after waking W10 up from sleep mode several times.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar acting weird after waking W10 up from sleep mode several times.: Using W10 way back in November 2015, didn't have this problem until this year. The title explains my problem. If i put W10 in sleep mode then wake it up, the problem doesnt appear, but when i repeat that several times the taskbar starts to act weird. How does the taskbar...
  3. W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space: Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on my 13.3" laptop. It is literally 1/2 the width of the screen. Worse yet, it can't be minimized, can't be resized, and is...
  4. External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  5. External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux

in Windows 10 Support
    External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  6. Will image composer run on W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will image composer run on W10 Pro?: I've been running MS image composer on Xp and am looking to upgrade systems to a W10 pro. Is there a problem with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/will-image-composer-run-on-w10-pro/3c4f9c06-5735-4865-b5b2-81b356bcdef5
  7. Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10: I have a DELL Optiplex 7010 which was bought with W7 32 bit OS. I used the MS free upgrade to W10 Pro 32 bit. I have recently upgraded to 8GB of RAM, however although 8GB is detected apparently only 3.5 GB is usable. I have updated bios etc to latest. Having read...
  8. W10, Theme, Pick Color, crashes to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10, Theme, Pick Color, crashes to desktop: W10 > All Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color .... Crashes app to the desktop. Anyone else have this issue? Should this be posted elsewhere, or even at MS for this issue? D1id1hNBCeg 115694
  9. Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10: Before I had W10, I would store important e-mails in e-mail files. When I upgraded to W10, I still have the titles of the files, but when I click on them, they won't open. I've a lot of important info in those files I can't access, i.e. KEYS to programs. How can I open those...
  10. visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?: visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit? I have some programs that use visual basic. 10771