Do you think these W10 visuals work ?

Discus and support Do you think these W10 visuals work ? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading. Its all too bland and stark. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading.

Its all too bland and stark. All the visuals imo need softening and a bit of colour adding. System tray in particular.

This shows W8.1 vs the shaded W10.

:)

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  2. J.R.Lauer Win User

Lumia 950 and T-Mobile wifi calling

I have a Lumia 950xl, and I do not have the option for the Wi-fi calling. I have found the app in the store, and it is not supported for W10.

In addition, I am also unable to get Visual Voicemail to work.

J.R.Lauer, Oct 5, 2014
  3. maximdh Win User
    Who do you think you are?

So I am allowed to use MY computer for 12 hours per day? How generous.

Of course i've had set "active hours" previously. And of course it is not solution.

That was first time I disabled winupdate since the dialup era. And for now, this is the only solution.

Also, one **** (and I mean it) changed discussion to question. For what? To get some **** points?

maximdh, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Mooly Win User

Fair comment.

Its not what I would choose if there were a choice though. It may be functional but its also bland and uninteresting.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  6. Mooly Win User
    Thanks *Smile Didn't know I could do that. We are all learning.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  7. Kari Win User
    I like the way Win10 uses shades, it pleases my eyes. I also like very much the new thin borders.

Kari, Oct 5, 2014
  8. strollin Win User

I'm all for functionality over form. As long as the dialog does what it needs to do, I don't pay attention to how it looks. If it was something blatant such as the background vs text having too little contrast to be able to read them easily, that would be a problem. As long as it's functional and I can read it fine, I don't care about colors, borders, etc...

I know, I know, I would never be hired as a gui designer! *Smile

strollin, Oct 6, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    Welcome again to the Modern. It was love at first sight for me back when I first booted 8RP. What a refreshing change. *Smile

I see one can make it what you want. Thanks, Edwin. *Smile

Windows 10 > The most configurable, versatile OS to date.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Do you think these W10 visuals work ? - Similar Threads - W10 visuals

1. W10 constantly changing file associations on two different computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 constantly changing file associations on two different computers.: Hey all, for some reason, on Windows 10 Pro, I'm always getting file association/open with popups when I open the same files I must have associated dozens of times before. Has anyone else had this problem? Like for instance, I open all of my JPG files with the classic photo...
  2. W10 install taking forever, won't complete

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 install taking forever, won't complete: Hi guys, Got my self another weird one here. Decided to resurrect an old desktop of mine to give to a family member. When I was using it it was running W7, the only reason I stopped using it is because I built another system. I've whacked a brand new HDD in, replaced the...
  3. After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space: Hi there, After the last Windows 10 update, I sudden lost almost 10 gigs of SSD hd space. Getting the message. I've tried uninstalling what bloatware I could find and cleaning the cache/recycling/temp files, etc. I don't know where this extra weight is coming from. Has...
  4. W10 - 1803 USB related issues

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 - 1803 USB related issues: Hi, My AverMedia Hybrid TV-Tuner USB is not working in 1803. I have tried everything, from Re-Install Drivers, Troubleshoting, Compatibilty settings and nothing helps. I think it is USB related because the App launches normally but when it comes to the point where the...
  5. Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?: Hi folks - In Windows 7 this is not an issue, but in W10 it really is - at least for me. I want to take some desktop shortcuts and place then on the Taskbar, but I am not allowed to"Pin" them. Been here: Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar Solved - Windows 10 Forums No go...
  6. W10 SmartPhones Discussion

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 SmartPhones Discussion: Is there anywhere on this Forum where one can discuss Windows phones...? T. 111770
  7. visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?

in Windows 10 Support
    visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?: visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit? I have some programs that use visual basic. 10771
Do you think these W10 visuals work ? solved