Windows 10: Do you think these W10 visuals work ?

Discus and support Do you think these W10 visuals work ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading. Its all too bland and stark. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

Do you think these W10 visuals work ?

I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading.

Its all too bland and stark. All the visuals imo need softening and a bit of colour adding. System tray in particular.

This shows W8.1 vs the shaded W10.

:)

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  2. J.R.Lauer Win User

Lumia 950 and T-Mobile wifi calling

I have a Lumia 950xl, and I do not have the option for the Wi-fi calling. I have found the app in the store, and it is not supported for W10.

In addition, I am also unable to get Visual Voicemail to work.

J.R.Lauer, Oct 5, 2014
  3. maximdh Win User
    Who do you think you are?

So I am allowed to use MY computer for 12 hours per day? How generous.

Of course i've had set "active hours" previously. And of course it is not solution.

That was first time I disabled winupdate since the dialup era. And for now, this is the only solution.

Also, one **** (and I mean it) changed discussion to question. For what? To get some **** points?

maximdh, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Mooly Win User

Fair comment.

Its not what I would choose if there were a choice though. It may be functional but its also bland and uninteresting.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  6. Mooly Win User
    Thanks *Smile Didn't know I could do that. We are all learning.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  7. Kari Win User
    I like the way Win10 uses shades, it pleases my eyes. I also like very much the new thin borders.

Kari, Oct 5, 2014
  8. strollin Win User

I'm all for functionality over form. As long as the dialog does what it needs to do, I don't pay attention to how it looks. If it was something blatant such as the background vs text having too little contrast to be able to read them easily, that would be a problem. As long as it's functional and I can read it fine, I don't care about colors, borders, etc...

I know, I know, I would never be hired as a gui designer! *Smile

strollin, Oct 5, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    Welcome again to the Modern. It was love at first sight for me back when I first booted 8RP. What a refreshing change. *Smile

I see one can make it what you want. Thanks, Edwin. *Smile

Windows 10 > The most configurable, versatile OS to date.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Do you think these W10 visuals work ? - Similar Threads - W10 visuals

2. Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, & installing v1809 in W10 Home Ed. v1803?: Hello. I'm trying to upgrade a client's Intel NUC's W10 Home Ed. v1803 to v1809, but it's seems to stuck in a loop in downloading, preparing, and installing that never finishes (doesn't even ask me to reboot yet!). It already happened five times as shown in my uploaded...
  3. W10 speaker balance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 speaker balance: How do I balance speakers, L-R, in W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-speaker-balance/0c590a4e-2be1-45ea-bd8f-213a3c1813b0
  4. W10 Calendar syncs only partially with iCloud calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Calendar syncs only partially with iCloud calendar: I use iCloud for my calendar and contacts, and sync the Windows 10 calendar to iCloud. This allows me to see my calendar in the Windows 10 calendar widget, in Outlook (uses my iCloud calendar), or on my iPhone. I have app-specific passwords for Outlook and Windows 10...
  5. Persistent BSOD W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent BSOD W10: Lenovo P51 Thinkpad running W10 Pro (latest version). All drivers are up to date. Memory test cleared. Scannow test cleared. No virus etc. P51 ran fine for the first couple of months. Issues have cropped up over last month: Repeated BSOD - at least once daily. Codes...
  6. Did W10's safe mode do something to fix its very slow boot up during normal boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Did W10's safe mode do something to fix its very slow boot up during normal boot?: Hello. Last week, I was trying to fix a client's Intel NUC PC that was having a very slow boot up that took like 5-10 minutes to complete to its W10's login screen. It basically got stuck during the Intel(C) NUC text screen for that long and then finally gave up and went to...
  7. CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update: CD / DVD drive no longer works after W10 update last night (02/18/19). Please see below. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. The following error messages are given when I insert a known good and legal DVD (region code 1). Something happened on our end....
  8. W10 Transfer to a friend.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Transfer to a friend.: I am giving my W10 computer to a friend and want to know how to transfer W10 and ownership to them. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-transfer-to-a-friend/816b5636-e5d7-4ff4-8773-22ce5826bf18"
  9. Installing W10 Pro on a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing W10 Pro on a new computer: I am about to retire my old desktop (W10 Pro Microsoft account) and replace it with a new one. Is there any way I can install version 1809 on the new machine without having to pay extra for an upgrade from Home? I have a bootable 1809 thumb drive from which I assume I can use...
  10. visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?: visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit? I have some programs that use visual basic. 10771