Windows 10: Do you think these W10 visuals work ?

Discus and support Do you think these W10 visuals work ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading. Its all too bland and stark. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

Do you think these W10 visuals work ?

I notice W10 makes a lame attempt at shading around dialog boxes. This compares W8.1 and W10. Notice the shading.

Its all too bland and stark. All the visuals imo need softening and a bit of colour adding. System tray in particular.

This shows W8.1 vs the shaded W10.

:)

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  2. J.R.Lauer Win User

Lumia 950 and T-Mobile wifi calling

I have a Lumia 950xl, and I do not have the option for the Wi-fi calling. I have found the app in the store, and it is not supported for W10.

In addition, I am also unable to get Visual Voicemail to work.

J.R.Lauer, Oct 5, 2014
  3. maximdh Win User
    Who do you think you are?

So I am allowed to use MY computer for 12 hours per day? How generous.

Of course i've had set "active hours" previously. And of course it is not solution.

That was first time I disabled winupdate since the dialup era. And for now, this is the only solution.

Also, one **** (and I mean it) changed discussion to question. For what? To get some **** points?

maximdh, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Mooly Win User

Fair comment.

Its not what I would choose if there were a choice though. It may be functional but its also bland and uninteresting.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  6. Mooly Win User
    Thanks *Smile Didn't know I could do that. We are all learning.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  7. Kari Win User
    I like the way Win10 uses shades, it pleases my eyes. I also like very much the new thin borders.

Kari, Oct 5, 2014
  8. strollin Win User

I'm all for functionality over form. As long as the dialog does what it needs to do, I don't pay attention to how it looks. If it was something blatant such as the background vs text having too little contrast to be able to read them easily, that would be a problem. As long as it's functional and I can read it fine, I don't care about colors, borders, etc...

I know, I know, I would never be hired as a gui designer! *Smile

strollin, Oct 5, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    Welcome again to the Modern. It was love at first sight for me back when I first booted 8RP. What a refreshing change. *Smile

I see one can make it what you want. Thanks, Edwin. *Smile

Windows 10 > The most configurable, versatile OS to date.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Do you think these W10 visuals work ? - Similar Threads - W10 visuals

2. Runnning a script at login for any user on a local w10 box.

in Windows 10 Support
    Runnning a script at login for any user on a local w10 box.: I've been able to set up login scripts for given users on a local box (no domain). I want to have a script run at login time for ALL users. I'll do the work. Please just point me in the right direction. Thank you. W10Pro64 - all updates 123584
  3. I need notification on W10 desktop when email at hotmail comes

in Browsers and Email
    I need notification on W10 desktop when email at hotmail comes: What exactly to do so that Windows 10 desktop would show notification in a lower-right corner of the screen on of the desktop when an e-mail at my outlook(hotmail) comes? Normal email not junk. I don't want to use any third party apps. Unless it is necessary. 123575
  4. I need notification on W10 desktop when email at hotmail comes

in Windows 10 Support
    I need notification on W10 desktop when email at hotmail comes: What exactly to do so that Windows 10 desktop would show notification in a lower-right corner of the screen on of the desktop when an e-mail at my outlook(hotmail) comes? Normal email not junk. I don't want to use any third party apps. Unless it is necessary. 123575
  5. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  6. cant activate w10 with digital licence after install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant activate w10 with digital licence after install: I have a digital w10 linked to my account but still it says it cant activate my pc, I've installed the correct addition & got all updates but still it says "NO"....the other week (1/12/18) i experienced internet connection problems but it turns out that someone linked to...
  7. XP Luna Black theme for W10 - anybody

in Windows 10 Customization
    XP Luna Black theme for W10 - anybody: Hi folks one of the best themes I liked for windows was the Lunar Black theme for XP Anybody got a way to make it work on W10 Here's the XP running as a VM with a nice Leopard as the desktop picture [img] Cheers jimbo 123516
  8. only trouble with my games under w10 wy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only trouble with my games under w10 wy?: from my 100 games are 20 not working what a stupid debilität! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-trouble-with-my-games-under-w10-wy/d0960199-0b7c-4705-aa3d-c0b4a2c25810
  9. non regular backup W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    non regular backup W10: I would like to make a backup copy now and then, In windows 10 I cannot see this option. Only option from 10 minutes to once a day. Am I looking at the wrong place?...
  10. visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit?: visual basic for where can I download it for w10 32 bit? I have some programs that use visual basic. 10771