Windows 10: Do you use the Brave browser?

Discus and support Do you use the Brave browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been trying it out for several days now, I like it, and it looks to be much more private than Googles government surveillance browser is. It runs... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CannonRebel, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Do you use the Brave browser?

I've been trying it out for several days now, I like it, and it looks to be much more private than Googles government surveillance browser is. It runs like and looks like Chrome, works good with Lastpass, and my VPN. I wanted to get away from Google chrome, Brave my just be the ticket. Curious if others like it, or have a Chrome alternative you like better?

:)

CannonRebel, Nov 4, 2019
  2. jpdutch Win User

Brave Browser

I recently started using Brave because Firefox was tediously slow.
    Everything worked fine until I used <Ctrl><Insert> to copy a URL & Brave enlarged the top area with the Browser Menu, the search/URL bar & tab-headers and I can't find a way to undo it. Any suggestions?

PS Via the menu you can add a menu.

jpdutch, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Brave Browser

I'm trying to set Brave as my default web browser but, windows 10 doesn't include it in the list of available browsers. Even when you try to set default by app it still doesn't show up. the only place it shows up is programs and features where you can uninstall it.

I figured it out just download the latest version and reinstall then it shows up.

shaggy5777, Nov 4, 2019
  4. RBT
    RBT Win User

Do you use the Brave browser?

Unable to set Brave browser as default browser in Windows 10

Brave is a new web browser from Brendan Eich (the inventor of the JavaScript programming language). I installed it yesterday on my Windows 10 (Enterprise edition, 64-bit) PC and want to set it as the default web browser to open web links/URLs.

When I went into system settings on my Windows 10 (64-bit OS) PC, I don't see it in the options at all. It only shows Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer:

  
    Do you use the Brave browser? LTr1b.png
    <br>
                      [Click to see larger screen shot (in context)]

Can anyone suggest as to why my computer is unable to detect Brave as a web browser application and hence not populating in the drop down? Or if there is any other way to set the default browser setting for a newly installed browser on a Windows 10 PC?

Thema:

Do you use the Brave browser?

1. Do you use the Brave browser? - Similar Threads - Brave browser

2. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  3. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  4. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Browser Brave has much higher audio fidelity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser Brave has much higher audio fidelity: I am using a Soundblaster Rx5 and have noticed Windows is making sporadic attempts at advanced a audio functionality. One point, Youtube sounds much better in Brave than in AVG or other browsers....
  6. Browser Brave has much higher audio fidelity

Browser Brave has much higher audio fidelity: I am using a Soundblaster Rx5 and have noticed Windows is making sporadic attempts at advanced a audio functionality. One point, Youtube sounds much better in Brave than in AVG or other browsers....
  7. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  8. Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11

Chrome and Brave browser lagging in Windows 11: Hi there, I've been experiencing some performance issues with Google Chrome on my Windows 11 computer. Interestingly, when I run Chrome as an administrator, it seems to work smoothly without any lag. However, when I use it in my regular user account, it lags quite a bit. I've...
  9. Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on Brave browser on Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on Brave browser on Linux: Hello,For a few weeks my microsoft autofill stop working on brave browser with linux.I already remove and install the extension but it doesn't work.* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on brave browser...
  10. Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on Brave browser on Linux

Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on Brave browser on Linux: Hello,For a few weeks my microsoft autofill stop working on brave browser with linux.I already remove and install the extension but it doesn't work.* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Microsoft Autofill infinite loading on brave browser...