Windows 10: Do you want this app to make changes to your computer?

Discus and support Do you want this app to make changes to your computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How should I know when to allow an app to make changes to my computer? What consequences could this have on my computer if I allow a non-legit source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Qrossiant, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Do you want this app to make changes to your computer?

How should I know when to allow an app to make changes to my computer? What consequences could this have on my computer if I allow a non-legit source to make this change?

submitted by /u/Qrossiant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Qrossiant, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 18, 2020
  3. rezpower Win User
    Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Do you want this app to make changes to your computer?

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

Do you want this app to make changes to your computer? [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

Do you want this app to make changes to your computer? [​IMG]

Thema:

Do you want this app to make changes to your computer?

1. Do you want this app to make changes to your computer? - Similar Threads - app changes computer

2. Do you want this app to make changes !!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you want this app to make changes !!: Good morning, is it possible to make one particular app run without the message "do you want this app to make changes etc ? I have set Scannow to run as a administrator for each time I open it. Despite this I still get the message about "making changes etc" is it possible to...
  3. Do you want this app to make changes !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you want this app to make changes !!: Good morning, is it possible to make one particular app run without the message "do you want this app to make changes etc ? I have set Scannow to run as a administrator for each time I open it. Despite this I still get the message about "making changes etc" is it possible to...
  4. Do you want this app to make changes !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. do you want this app to make changes to your device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    do you want this app to make changes to your device?: Hi, I have recently downloaded an app and it has asked me if i will let it make changes to my device. I accidently clicked allow instead of no and it turns out it is a virus.I need help on how to make it not make changes on my device because everytime i remove the virus a...
  6. do you want this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    do you want this app to make changes to your device?: Hi, I have recently downloaded an app and it has asked me if i will let it make changes to my device. I accidently clicked allow instead of no and it turns out it is a virus.I need help on how to make it not make changes on my device because everytime i remove the virus a...
  7. Do you want this App to make changes to your computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Do you want this App to make changes to your computer?: This is the message I get whenever I try to make changes to a program. If I want to say 'yes' then I am asked for a password which I have no clue what it is. This started to happen after I did a reset. Now, when I do a reboot I get a choice between 2 Win 10 programs, one of...
  8. do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Customization
    do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device: Hi, whenever I want to update an app or try to delete one, I get a window that says "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". However, the window that pops up only gives me one option, a NO button. No other button to press for yes, or enter admin info....
  9. Do you want this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do you want this app to make changes to your device?: I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader yesterday. Now, whenever I open a pdf file, I get the following message for Adobe Acrobat: "Do you want this app to make changes to your device?" This never happened before- why is this happening now, and how do I make this...
  10. do you want app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Customization
    do you want app to make changes to your device: hello i have recently updated windows 10 since then i keep getting this pop-up do you want app to make changes to your device which is denying me access to anywhere, not even to change user name nothing the pop up screen has only no on it can"t have access to anything i need...