Windows 10: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue

Discus and support Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. When I open Chrome browser or Windows Live Mail, I am now getting a User Account Control pop-up dialog box with the message 'Do you want to allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sbetty, Apr 6, 2019.

1. sbetty Win User

Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue

Hi. When I open Chrome browser or Windows Live Mail, I am now getting a User Account Control pop-up dialog box with the message 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?' and I click on Yes.

I don't get this message with any other browsers or email manager software when I open them on the laptop.

Is there a way to stop that dialog box appearing for Chrome and Windows Live Mail please?

Many thanks.

:)

sbetty, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Win 10 Pro. 1709. Logged in as admin. I don't want to shut off UAC completely but that message gets pretty annoying at times. Is the only way to solve this is to use Task Scheduler or a third party app? or is there a setting that I am not aware of that I can just manually white list an app so I do not get that message any more? I'm talking to you VLC Media Player, CrystalDiskInfo, FarStone Image Viewer, Agent Ransack and a whole host of others. It is also not inconceivable that I made a change at some point that is bringing up that annoying message. TIA.

https://windowsreport.com/do-you-wan...o-your-device/

https://www.google.com/search?q=wind...hrome&ie=UTF-8

phaedruspress, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue

Photo App Problem- Photo App will not allow me to save changes to photo

Hello Donna,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

• From exactly are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your system prior to this issue?

This issue could occur due to corrupted files. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Windows App troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Install all pending Windows updates and check. Also check for App updates from Windows Store.

Let us know the status of the issue. we will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue

1. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue - Similar Threads - allow app changes

2. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: It said I need to enter an username and password for administrator but idk where can I find the password?P/S: I can access to administrator account btw...
  3. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: It said I need to enter an username and password for administrator but idk where can I find the password?P/S: I can access to administrator account btw...
  4. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: Well? Do I? I’ve installed a few things (zoom, iTunes, etc) without really thinking what I’m saying yes to. Should I be saying yes? Eek submitted by /u/watchtoweryvr [link] [comments]...
  5. “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”

“Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”: Hello everyone! I use Windows 10 home Whenever I install some new software, the window appears, where I get asked the following: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? 1) Where can I see a list, with all the apps that has been granted access? 2)...
  6. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: So yesterday I downloaded a game called Phantasy Star Online and whenever I opened it, it said "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" and I would usually click "yes" but this one time I clicked on "no" by accident and ever since then when I try to...
  7. do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Customization
    do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device: Hi, whenever I want to update an app or try to delete one, I get a window that says "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". However, the window that pops up only gives me one option, a NO button. No other button to press for yes, or enter admin info....
  8. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue

Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue: When I open Windows Live Mail or Chrome browser I am now getting a pop-up User Account Control dialog box that says 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?' and I click on yes. I don't get this when I open other browsers or mail programs. Does anyone...
  9. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? issue: When I open Windows Live Mail or Chrome browser I am now getting a pop-up User Account Control dialog box that says 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?' and I click on yes. I don't get this when I open other browsers or mail programs. Does anyone...
  10. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: Win 10 Pro. 1709. Logged in as admin. I don't want to shut off UAC completely but that message gets pretty annoying at times. Is the only way to solve this is to use Task Scheduler or a third party app? or is there a setting that I am not aware of that I can just manually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Do you want this app to make changes to your device

2. do i need to say to do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device

3. should i allow windows update assistant to make changes to my device