Windows 10: "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?

Discus and support "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried what I could find on the web to set up 10 to close just the one tab I'm in. I'm at a loss , is there a way with multiple tabs open to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bgraae, Aug 20, 2015.

1. bgraae Win User

"Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?

I have tried what I could find on the web to set up 10 to close just the one tab I'm in. I'm at a loss , is there a way with multiple tabs open to close just one. In 7 it was easy, why eliminate the easy way in 10? Is there a way to do it, it's important. Otherwise all tabs close and we have to open them again. If you open multiple tabs they do show up on the top taskbar. However if you want to eliminate just one, you have to go through the "do you want to close all tabs", and they all close.

:)

bgraae, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Do You Want To Close All Tabs?

Hello Christine,

To better isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try restarting the computer after checking the box beside "Always close all tabs"

However, we suggest that you refer to an answer given by Venishious A on this
    link.

Just choose 0 = off when editing.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Do You Want To Close All Tabs?

@ Christine / Vincent

C.f.

How to get back closing all tabs warning in Microsoft Edge?

I won't mind following up any questions about the technique there but if you are having trouble with the result think it would be best to deal with that here.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 20, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Where your tabs are shown above the address bar, just click on the X in the single tab you want to close. My tabs show above the address bar:

NavyLCDR, Aug 20, 2015
  5. bgraae Win User
    That's true, the item will show in the upper taskbar. The problem is you can't close it completely, you have to minimize it. If you red X it out, all that are saved above are also gone. Microsoft needs to give us the option to close out an individual item while saving the others. I guess if they read these threads, there is nothing else to say on the subject. I haven't tried clicking on the single x by the item. If it works then great.

bgraae, Aug 20, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I close single tabs one at a time all the time. You click on the X in that individual tab.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab? - Similar Threads - close tabs set

2. Closing all open tabs by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing all open tabs by mistake: Hello there! I know I have seen similar posts as this regarding the unfortunate propensity of Windows 10 to close all open tabs without any warning when the top right 'X' is clicked. Until recently a warning appeared asking if I wanted to close all tabs or just the current...
  3. I don't want to close all tabs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't want to close all tabs: Until yesterday, if through no fault of my own, there was more than one tab, I was warned if I clicked on the red X in the upper right corner. I said I didn't want the latest version of Edge because I didn't know how many settings were the way I like them and wouldn't be...
  4. "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? "

"Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? ": loading new edge has lost the "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? " box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-want-to-close-all-tabs-or-the-current-tab/1b31eb7f-452a-4cc9-834a-353e03671280
  5. how to close dual tabs

how to close dual tabs: how to close the tab at the top of the screen when I click to get on my home page edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-dual-tabs/709258b3-1501-42b2-a4d8-42f37dedd3bd
  6. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  7. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  8. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  9. Always close all tabs not working

in Browsers and Email
    Always close all tabs not working: I use Edge normally and really get annoyed when I close it with the top right hand X and "always close all tabs" comes up. I tick the box every time and close the browser, but get asked the same question every time. When I close with the top right hand X, I expect the damn...
  10. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...