Windows 10: Do you want to learn to diagnose hardware or driver problems?

Discus and support Do you want to learn to diagnose hardware or driver problems? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. If you want or need to learn how to diagnose hardware or device driver problems, look no further than NotMyFault. Notmyfault is a tool that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanWigintonOK, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Do you want to learn to diagnose hardware or driver problems?

Hello.

If you want or need to learn how to diagnose hardware or device driver problems, look no further than NotMyFault.

Notmyfault is a tool that you can use to crash, hang, and cause kernel memory leaks on your Windows system. It’s useful for learning how to identify and diagnose device driver and hardware problems, and you can also use it to generate blue screen dump files on misbehaving systems. The download file includes 32-bit and 64-bit versions, as well as a command-line version that works on Nano Server. Chapter 7 in Windows Internals uses Notmyfault to demonstrate pool leak troubleshooting and Chapter 14 uses it for crash analysis examples.

You'll get a selection of Stop errors to cause, including but not limited to a code overwrite and a high IRQL fault (both kernel and user mode). You can also cause kernel memory leaks and hangs

You can download this useful tool from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/notmyfault

(Disclaimer: This is not intended to be used for fun, this is a tool just for educational purposes)

:)

NathanWigintonOK, Mar 14, 2019

2. Headset problems, possibly audio drivers, or potentially hardware damage

Hi,

Please share a few details:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Are you able to find an exclamation mark next to any drivers in device manager?
    If yes, I suggest you to right-click the driver and click on
    properties. Now check for the status of the driver. Check if you are able to find any error.

I also suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.
    Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key + Q”.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

c. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

d. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

e. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Hope this information helps!

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Mar 14, 2019
  3. How to Diagnose a Hardware Issue?

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community.

We suggest that you run the Hardware troubleshooter. Windows comes with this built-in troubleshooter. If you recently installed a new driver or plugged-in a hardware and face some things that are not working as you’d like them to, use this troubleshooter.
    Please follow the steps below:

• On Cortana or search, type in Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box on the upper right corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

To resolve blue screen errors, check this article for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Do you want to learn to diagnose hardware or driver problems?

How to Diagnose a Hardware Issue?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter was "unable to diagnose the problem", and under the detailed summary every error was listed as "issue not present".

Per the article I have disabled fast startup, updated all my drivers, and ran the Windows Defender Security Center (including offline); none of which seemed to raise any errors
    or stop the blue screens.

Any thoughts on how to diagnose this?

Thank you very much.

stillheten, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Do you want to learn to diagnose hardware or driver problems?

1. Do you want to learn to diagnose hardware or driver problems? - Similar Threads - learn diagnose hardware

2. Help Diagnosing Hardware Error GPU Driver bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Diagnosing Hardware Error GPU Driver bug?: EDIT: I apologize in advance; I don't know why line breaks aren't working in this post and I don't seem to have any ability within this forum's rich text editor to fix itHi there, I'm having trouble diagnosing a hardware error on my desktop PC running Windows 10. This happens...
  3. Help Diagnosing Hardware Error GPU Driver bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Diagnosing Hardware Error GPU Driver bug?: EDIT: I apologize in advance; I don't know why line breaks aren't working in this post and I don't seem to have any ability within this forum's rich text editor to fix itHi there, I'm having trouble diagnosing a hardware error on my desktop PC running Windows 10. This happens...
  4. Help Diagnosing Hardware Error GPU Driver bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help Diagnosing Hardware Error GPU Driver bug?: Hi there, I'm having trouble diagnosing a hardware error on my desktop PC running Windows 10. This happens once or twice a week or so where the system will have some minor stuttering and then freeze, and then the display will disconnect. The computer otherwise appears to...
  5. Help Diagnosing Hardware Error

Help Diagnosing Hardware Error: Hi there, I'm having trouble diagnosing a hardware error on my desktop PC running Windows 10. This happens once or twice a week or so where the system will have some minor stuttering and then freeze, and then the display will disconnect. The computer otherwise appears to...
  6. Help Diagnosing Hardware Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Diagnosing Hardware Error: Hi there, I'm having trouble diagnosing a hardware error on my desktop PC running Windows 10. This happens once or twice a week or so where the system will have some minor stuttering and then freeze, and then the display will disconnect. The computer otherwise appears to...
  7. Help Diagnosing Hardware Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Hardware error - help diagnosing the problem

Hardware error - help diagnosing the problem: Hello, Can someone help me understand what hardware this error is referring to and why it occurred?DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a1Parameter 1:...
  9. Hardware error - help diagnosing the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error - help diagnosing the problem: Hello, Can someone help me understand what hardware this error is referring to and why it occurred?DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a1Parameter 1:...
  10. How to diagnose a Hardware error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to diagnose a Hardware error: Hi there, I am experiencing a couple of crashes throughout the day every hour or so. My computer freezes for 1-2 seconds, screen then goes black for about 1 second, then everything resumes as normal. I found this problem below in Reliability Monitor. What do I do with...